Is Jesus God?

TrevorL

Greetings Bright Raven,
Is Jesus God? What say you? If not, why not?
Jesus is the Son of God.
Luke 1:34-35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings Bright Raven,Jesus is the Son of God.
Luke 1:34-35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

So is the Son of God God?

Right Divider

Body part
God

Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Along with:

Mat 1:23 KJV Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

TrevorL

Greetings again Bright Raven,
The Son of God is the Son of God.
John 20:30-31 (KJV): 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Only if you believe scripture.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

The son of a human is human.

The Son of God is God.

The word "God" is plural. One God, many God persons.

The U.S. government is plural. One government, many persons.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings again Bright Raven, The Son of God is the Son of God.
John 20:30-31 (KJV): 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Kind regards
Trevor

Is the Son of God eternal?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Only God is eternal, the angels are not.

"Therefore I brought fire from your midst;
It devoured you,
And I turned you to ashes upon the earth
In the sight of all who saw you.
All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever." (Ezekiel 28:18-19)

Bradley D

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. ..." (Col. 3:1). "His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit" (Mt. 1:18). I do not believe that we can truly understand the Spirit of God here on earth.

TrevorL

Greetings again Bright Raven,
Jesus was given immortality after he was raised from the dead.

Could I ask whether your original question is based on the normal English use of the word “God” or the Biblical? It is clear that in the Bible the word God is applied to both Angels and Judges who represented God and therefore has a wider range than the English definition or normal usage.

Kind regards
Trevor

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings again Bright Raven, Jesus was given immortality after he was raised from the dead.

Could I ask whether your original question is based on the normal English use of the word “God” or the Biblical? It is clear that in the Bible the word God is applied to both Angels and Judges who represented God and therefore has a wider range than the English definition or normal usage.

Kind regards
Trevor

Incorrect.

John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus was eternal in the beginning.

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Bright Raven, Jesus was given immortality after he was raised from the dead.
Joh 2:19-22 KJV Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (21) But he spake of the temple of his body. (22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus is God and raised Himself!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." (Romans 8:11)

Does Scripture contradict itself?

TrevorL

Greetings again Bright Raven and Greetings Right Divider,
Incorrect.
John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV) The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV) The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jesus was eternal in the beginning.
No, the Word was in the beginning, not Jesus. Jesus is the Name of the child born when the Word became flesh.

Could I ask again whether your original question is based on the normal English use of the word “God” or the Biblical? It is clear that in the Bible the word God is applied to both Angels and Judges who represented God and therefore has a wider range than the English definition or normal usage.

Joh 2:19-22 KJV Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (21) But he spake of the temple of his body. (22) When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
You will need to reconcile this with what Peter preached:
Acts 2:22 (KJV): This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
For my part, I suggest that it was God the Father speaking the words through Jesus.
Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV): 1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
You will need to reconcile this with what Peter preached:
Acts 2:22 (KJV): This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
For my part, I suggest that it was God the Father speaking the words through Jesus.
Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV): 1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son

Kind regards
Trevor
Jesus raised Jesus.
God raised Jesus.
Jesus is God.