Is the Desert just another Ocean?

Skeeter

Banned
Humans are fascinating creatures. When lost in the desert, their minds will fashion an oasis in the distance from clouds on the horizon or random contours in the land. Irrational wish fulfillment is an adaptive trait in some respect. Persevering against great odds in the face of no evidence of rescue is preferable to giving up.

Being irrational in non-life threatening setting is not adaptive. Believing that because bleach kills a virus on a surface, it might also clean an infected individual, is just foolish hubris and ignores the fact that a virus merges with human cells. You cannot unbake a cake with bleach. Narcissism in the face of a developing emergency is more poisonous than bleach.

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Humans are fascinating creatures. When lost in the desert, their minds will fashion an oasis in the distance from clouds on the horizon or random contours in the land. Irrational wish fulfillment is an adaptive trait in some respect. Persevering against great odds in the face of no evidence of rescue is preferable to giving up.

Being irrational in non-life threatening setting is not adaptive. Believing that because bleach kills a virus on a surface, it might also cleans an infected individual, is just foolish hubris and ignores the fact that a virus merges with human cells. You cannot unbake a cake with bleach. Narcissism in the face of a developing emergency is more poisonous than bleach.
What's your point? Are you recognizing that people to the left of center suggest solutions that are as ludicrous as drinking bleach to cure an illness?

Skeeter

Banned
There is a time to embrace delusion and there is a time to embrace reason. Try delusion in only the most dire circumstance. If you use delusion when knowledge is available, it is at your peril.

Skeeter

Banned
What's your point? Are you recognizing that people to the left of center suggest solutions that are as ludicrous as drinking bleach to cure an illness?
No one has ever suggested drinking bleach is a good idea. Trump simplistically thought injecting bleach in the lungs was a possibly good strategy, though. Of course late night comedians exaggerated what Trump said for comic effect by referring to drinking bleach, just like they did when they had a Sarah Palin lookalike say " I can see Russia from my house."

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a time to embrace delusion and there is a time to embrace reason. Try delusion in only the most dire circumstance. If you use delusion when knowledge is available, it is at your peril.
Since we have the knowledge that masks and social distancing do little to nothing or even are a detriment, progressives support mask mandates at the peril of society.

Silence is violence, so you should speak out against mask mandates.

Skeeter

Banned
Since we have the knowledge that masks and social distancing do little to nothing or even are a detriment, progressives support mask mandates at the peril of society.
You are right in one respect. If people believe masks and social distancing is good enough and refuse to get vaccinated, then logical decison making has broken down.

Silence is violence, so you should speak out against mask mandates.
Masks plus vaccines are like the pill and condoms. The more protection, the better.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one has ever suggested drinking bleach is a good idea. Trump simplistically thought injecting bleach in the lungs was a possibly good strategy, though. Of course late night comedians exaggerated what Trump said for comic effect by referring to drinking bleach, just like they did when they had a Sarah Palin lookalike say " I can see Russia from my house."
One of the reasons I've never supported Trump was his manner of speaking. But you have to admit his simplistic approach never lead to the dangerously delusional solutions like the combined pandemic solutions supported by leftists.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are right in one respect. If people believe masks and social distancing is good enough and refuse to get vaccinated, then logical decison making has broken down.
Or thinking that masks really do anything at all is also delusional if one thinks masks should be mandated.

Masks plus vaccines are like the pill and condoms. The more protection, the better.
Why do you hate babies? Or do you just hate humanity in general?

Skeeter

Banned

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oops. How did that happen? Nested wrong. Anyway ...

What Trump said that day is clear and on camera. If we cannot agree on the content of it, we will likely never agree on anything.
Since I never cared about what Trump said I'm not familiar with this clip. But I keep hearing about it. Could you post it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oops. How did that happen? Nested wrong. Anyway ...

What Trump said that day is clear and on camera. If we cannot agree on the content of it, we will likely never agree on anything.

Here's the full transcript of Trump's comments:​

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."