Is White Privilege Real?

glassjester

What are the specific privileges one is given by simply being white, in present-day America?

Are there any at all?

And who, specifically, is giving those privileges to white people?

glorydaz

They're privileged by virtue of being born the same race as the predominate power structure.

Privileged? Not any more. Even the liberal whites are hating white people. They're kinda like the gender confused, only they're confused about their own color. (Maybe that's why the feminists are all wanting to wear the Muslim garb. They might be lucky enough to pass as colored. :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is White Privilege Real?

No.

It's simply being a non-black, non-Jew-,non-woman succeeding in something :plain:

God forbid a white guy does something besides die spontaneously on a sidewalk.

That was very bigoted of me- let me go beat myself to death with a cane for even insinuating that I'm not Hitler and the damn rest of humankind aren't all little bunny rabbits being skinned alive with notched blades.

I will literally punch a liberal in the face- I've had it with them :rolleyes:

musterion

Black privilege is very real in S. Africa. I hope all Leftists move there to enjoy it before the 2nd U.S. Civil War, now underway, gets too hot for them.

musterion

Why shouldn't privilege exist for a generally homogeneous people who designed, built and successfully run a nation that works? Kind of like Paul'a analogy of the Olive Tree, anyone who wants to abide by the system and its rules may freely share that privilege and may succeed as much if not more than most white people. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

Oh wait, I do know.

It's the people of any color who want to sponge off of the rest, or flout the rules, or want to destroy the system, that complain the most. They are the ones who are not welcome.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Can't even single one out?

As a white individual, you're born into a system whilst granted birthright advantages of which you've completely taken for granted, you've never had to consider life without it.

You're born into a world where:

Corporate America, politics/government, media, judicial system, police (local, state, federal) are disproportionately controlled by white interests. In a country founded by rich white men some of which owned minorities as slaves.

Minorities, on the other hand, hold a incomparable perspective....one of being on the outside looking in.

The fact that whites fail to recognize any existing privilege is a symptom of a prosaic take, by way of the very privilege itself.

MrDante

Why shouldn't privilege exist for a generally homogeneous people who designed, built and successfully run a nation that works? Kind of like Paul'a analogy of the Olive Tree, anyone who wants to abide by the system and its rules may freely share that privilege and may succeed as much if not more than most white people. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

Oh wait, I do know.

It's the people of any color who want to sponge off of the rest, or flout the rules, or want to destroy the system, that complain the most. They are the ones who are not welcome.

Its funny when you pretend to not be racist.