ISIAH: ISRAEL MY SERVANT

DougE

Isaiah 41:8-10 KJV - 8 But thou, Israel, [art] my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. 9 [Thou] whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou [art] my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. 10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Israel is the servant of God, and the elect of God:

Isaiah 45:4 KJV - 4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Jesus is also God's servant and God's elect:

Isaiah 42:1 KJV - 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 49:3, 5-6 KJV - 3 And said unto me, Thou [art] my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. ... 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb [to be] his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, John is also referring to Israel in this verse:
Rev 1:1 KJV The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Remember that John is one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELEVE tribes of ISRAEL.

John is also one of the TWELVE apostles of the Lamb that will have his name on one of the TWELVE foundation in the new Jerusalem.
Rev 21:14 KJV And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.