Lunar eclipse Oct 8, 2014

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am...it's on my birthday. Maybe it's in my honor. :think:

blast-present-smiley.gif

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, Steko. Does that mean I have to get up really early in the morning to see it? I'm on the west coast (Oregon).

Yep!

Local times for eclipse in San Francisco on Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Click on the Sun/Moon symbol in the “Looks like” column to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.

Event Time in San Francisco Direction Altitude Looks like Comments
Penumbral Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 1:17 AM 193°South-southwest 56.9° Eclipse as seen from earth The Earth's penumbra start touching the Moon's face.
Partial Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 2:18 AM 217°Southwest 52.1° Eclipse as seen from earth Partial moon eclipse starts - moon is getting red.
Total Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 3:27 AM 237°West-southwest 42.5° Eclipse as seen from earth Total moon eclipse starts - completely red moon.
Maximum Eclipse Oct 8 at 3:55 AM 244°West-southwest 37.9° Eclipse as seen from earth Moon is closest to the center of the shadow.
Total Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 4:22 AM 250°West-southwest 33.0° Eclipse as seen from earth Total moon eclipse ends.
Partial Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 5:32 AM 262°West 20.3° Eclipse as seen from earth Partial moon eclipse ends.
Penumbral Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 6:32 AM 271°West 8.9° Eclipse as seen from earth The Earth's penumbra ends.
Moon close to horizon, so make sure you have free sight to West.
Times are local for San Francisco (PDT - Pacific Daylight Time).

glorydaz

Yep!

Local times for eclipse in San Francisco on Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Click on the Sun/Moon symbol in the “Looks like” column to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.

Event Time in San Francisco Direction Altitude Looks like Comments
Penumbral Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 1:17 AM 193°South-southwest 56.9° Eclipse as seen from earth The Earth's penumbra start touching the Moon's face.
Partial Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 2:18 AM 217°Southwest 52.1° Eclipse as seen from earth Partial moon eclipse starts - moon is getting red.
Total Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 3:27 AM 237°West-southwest 42.5° Eclipse as seen from earth Total moon eclipse starts - completely red moon.
Maximum Eclipse Oct 8 at 3:55 AM 244°West-southwest 37.9° Eclipse as seen from earth Moon is closest to the center of the shadow.
Total Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 4:22 AM 250°West-southwest 33.0° Eclipse as seen from earth Total moon eclipse ends.
Partial Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 5:32 AM 262°West 20.3° Eclipse as seen from earth Partial moon eclipse ends.
Penumbral Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 6:32 AM 271°West 8.9° Eclipse as seen from earth The Earth's penumbra ends.
Moon close to horizon, so make sure you have free sight to West.
Times are local for San Francisco (PDT - Pacific Daylight Time).

Thanks, I'm going to try and catch it. I may have to go up in the loft.....kinda spooky at night. But.... :thumb:

Lunar eclipse Oct 8, 2014

Some might be interested to see it.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-october-8

I will always remember one day working in a lonely "outpost" about 100 south of the north cost of Alaska one winter. It was "daytime"--meaning about 2 or so hours of semi-light sky but the sun never breaks above the horizon. Back in those days, the early 80's, there was no TV or internet and we might get a paper 2 or 3 days late so nobody knew about the lunar eclipse coming, including myself of course. I don't remember what I was doing but I was the only one in the whole camp working outside that day (when I noticed the moon disappearing. It was a really still, cold (about 40 below I think) and it was just eerie.

OCTOBER23

UGLY CHRISTIAN YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL TO GOD.

Go on YOUTUBE and type in 70th week of Daniel

which incorporates the Blood moons

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I will always remember one day working in a lonely "outpost" about 100 south of the north cost of Alaska one winter. It was "daytime"--meaning about 2 or so hours of semi-light sky but the sun never breaks above the horizon. Back in those days, the early 80's, there was no TV or internet and we might get a paper 2 or 3 days late so nobody knew about the lunar eclipse coming, including myself of course. I don't remember what I was doing but I was the only one in the whole camp working outside that day (when I noticed the moon disappearing. It was a really still, cold (about 40 below I think) and it was just eerie.

That must have been an awesome experience and etched on your brain.

Thanks!

I remember standing at night on the east shore of Sicily looking toward Greece on the Ionian Sea.
It wasn't a lunar eclipse, but the moon began to peep in the center of the horizon. It was red and I watched it rise slowly, as it made a red path on the sea from the red moon to right where I stood. It was an awesome experience. There is a pizza place there in Acitrezza called Pizzeria la Luna Rosa.