Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

notice vs

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

In Jn 15:13 we read this:

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

2 Chron 20:7

7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

Isa 41:8

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

James 2:23

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

Last edited:

beloved57

Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People cont

Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

Now it will be pointed out that the seed of Abraham, that is Christ people whom He shall save from their sins, is not limited to ethnic jews, but to all [both jew and gentile] who will believe in Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

These are also the heirs of promise and children of promise Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

One of biggest blunders in our day is to think that ethnic jews, because of their race, are the people of God.

The seed of Abraham that Christ came to save and whom He identified with, were children of promise, and was comprised of ethnic diversity of every nation.

If we look back to the time when Abraham's name was changed to Abraham from Abram in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

We find that it was changed because God made him a Father of not one nation, but of many Nations !

Now if he was declared to be their Father, it goes without reason they were declared to be his seed.

So how did Abraham have a seed of all these different ethnicities ? Because they had been [before the creation of the world] chosen in Christ Abraham's True seed. Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The ethnic jews mistake [ even those who became true believers in Christ as peter] was that they thought they were the only ethnic group that was Abraham's seed.

Peter preached the gospel to some jews in Acts 3:24-25

24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

But peter did not realize that the same promise belonged to gentiles as Paul pointed out in Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Both preachers peter and paul are referring back to the same declaration in Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

And it is sad today to say the same delusion still is prevalent in religion of our day.

It is clear however, that God gave Abraham a seed of diverse nations in Gen 17:5, for that is when He first was called Abraham by God.

Thats Paul's argument in Rom 4:10-12

10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

God gave Abraham the promises while in uncircumcision [ non ethnic jew] that He might be the Father of all them that believe [ Gen 17:5]

This is the seed of Abraham, that Jesus identified with Heb 2:16, that is who His people are that He came to save Matt 1:21.

Last edited:

beloved57

To preach a gospel that does not focus on the Truth that Christ came into the world to actually save certain sinners, instead of making all men without exception with the possibility of getting saved depending on what they do, that is to preach a false gospel.

1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Last edited:

beloved57

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who is meant when its assured that Jesus shall save His People from their sins ?

Many mistakenly believe that this means ethnic jews ! But thats insane, for that would mean that Jesus is to assuredly save from their sins all ethnic jews ! And anyone with any reason knows thats not true.

For Jesus warned some ethnic jews that they had no chance of escaping the damnation of hell Matt 23:32-33

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

So His People are not ethnic jews, some are, as well as some people from different ethnic groups are.

But His People are all those who are foreknown of God Rom 11:1-2

1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Thats who the His people is. All those regardless of race who are the foreknown of God , those who are to be conformed into the image of Christ.

Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That makes sense, those who are foreknown as He was 1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained [foreknow] before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

The same are His People, His brethren.

All believers in Christ, those who belong to Him are of the seed of Abraham per Gal 3:28-29

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And He took on the seed of His People , the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

So, His people in Matt 1:21 are all those who eventually believe in Him, belonging to Him, and ethnicity is not the condition. The condition is being of those whom God foreknew !

Rom 11:2

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Last edited:

beloved57

The promise is not that He shall save all people without exception from their sins, but His People.

His People are those that are foreknown of God as per Rom 11:2

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

And No, all people are not foreknown by Jesus Christ as per Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now since He says He never knew them, then He never knew them before ! Which is what foreknow means:

Its made of Two greek words:

pro ginōskō

pro means:

before

ginosko means:

to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel

a) to become known

2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of

So those whom are not of the foreknown, are not the people who He came to save from their sins, for He never knew them.​

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus declares the success of His Death !

Jesus declares the success of His Death !

The Cross of the Lord Jesus Christ saves all them He died for. Lets look at Jn 12:31-32

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Here in this passage, Jesus Christ was declaring that by means of His Death, that He would save men and Women throughout the world. These are all them that the Angel promised that He would save from their sins in Matt 1:21.

The drawing of them unto Him is the actual Saving of them.

beloved57

It is Finished, they are Saved from their sins !

The Angel announced clearly what the Purpose was that occasion Christ to be born into this world as a Saviour. Matt 1:21

Lk 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

That was His work that He came to do. to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Jn 6:39-40

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now in anticipation of His Finished work, that is to seek and to save that which was Lost, Jesus states Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work that The Father gave Him to do ? Well read again Matt 1:21; Lk 2:11; Lk 19:10; Jn 6:39-40

It was to save all the Father had given Him to save, to seek and to save that which was Lost.

Christ said, I have finished that work Jn 17:4

He states it again here Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What was finished ? He saved by His work of the Cross all whom the Father willed to be saved ! All that He came to seek and to save that were Lost, He sought them, found them, and Saved them, It is finished..

Now if there is one soul that the Father desired to be saved that was Lost, not saved, then Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do, and He lied when He said His work was finished.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus is said to come specifically to save His People from their sins. We have shown in this Thread that His People does not mean people restricted to the ethnic jews of Israel, in fact many of them were children of the devil Jesus said Jn 8:44, but His People are His Church, His Body, The Foreknown of God Rom 11: 2

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Or His Sheep that He knows Jn 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

But now lets look at another portion of God's Word that Identifies exactly who His People are. For they are the all that the Father hath given Him Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And all those Christ said to His Father, they were thine before thou gavest them to me Jn 17:6,11,10

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Also vs 10 He says :

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

All this means God the Fathers own Elect 1 Pet 1:2

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

All those Beloved of God Col 3:12

12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

For as the Son is Beloved of the Father Matt 3:17, so likewise are those His People Matt 1:21 They are simply the Beloved Family of the Father, all these Christ came to save from their sins, and no others !

Last edited:

beloved57

He shall save his people from their sins !

Much controversy is made over who are the People Jesus shall save from their sins ? What people shall He be a Saviour unto ? Trust, me, whatever People it is, all of them must be saved from their sins, in order for this prediction to be True, I mean 100% of that People, and not one should be Lost, as Jesus states here Jn 17:12

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

So all those the Father gave Him are " His People " that He shall save from their sins Jn 6:37; 17:2.

This same people is also His Body the Church, For scripture says He is the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

Paul uses Saviour in the present tense, He is being the Saviour of His Body, The Body, with the definite article. The word body is the greek word sōma and means:

is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

a) so in the NT of the church

He shall save His Body, which is a Large number of men closely united as one Family, which is the Church, His Mystical Body !

It is the same as His People which is the word Laos and means:

a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of the same stock and language

What People is closer to Jesus than His own Body Eph 5:28 ?

Last edited:

beloved57

He shall save his people from their sins !

Again, what People is closer to Jesus than His Church, His own Body, who is bone of His bone and flesh of His Flesh 5:30

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

So the Church, His Body, whom He is One Flesh with, as symbolized by Creation Marriage Gen 2:23-24

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Cp Eph 5:30-32

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Or Jesus and the Church !

The Church therefore whom He is One Flesh with is the same people as Here Heb 2:14

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

So, the Seed of Abraham here, the Children of vs 14 are the Church, His Body, His People. The members of His Body, also these people are not restricted to ethnic jews, though some are, but the Church is comprised of both jew and gentile as the seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's [or Jesus], then are ye Abraham's seed[His People], and heirs according to the promise.[He shall save His People from their sins is a promise !

Last edited:

beloved57

Now the Jesus that came to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

Is He not the same Jesus here ? 1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

That Jesus here that has delivered or saved His Church from the wrath to come ? Now, why should it not be here in 1 Thess 1:10, these people who are saved from the wrath to come by JESUS, the same people that it is stated in Matt 1:21 that He shall save from their sins ?

The word save in Matt 1:21 is the greek word sōzō and does mean:

to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction

a) one (from injury or peril)

1) to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

1) to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

b) to save in the technical biblical sense

1) negatively

a) to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment

b) to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

And the word for deliver in 1 Thess 1:10 is the greek word rhyomai and means:

to draw to one's self, to rescue, to deliver

2) the deliverer

So as you can see that both words means deliver , to rescue. Folks the Church in 1 Thess 1:10 and the People in Matt 1:21 are the same, they are the People that Christ shall, not maybe or peradventure as the false teachers preach, but it is a sure Salvation for 100% of His People that it was PROMISED that He shall save them from their sins !

Last edited:

beloved57

Who are those that scripture promises that He shall save His People from their sins ? Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Why, it is none other than those scripture that scripture declares that He died for their sins 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Therefore the OUR SINS here are the His People of Matt 1:21 ! Who can deny that ?

Last edited:

beloved57

Sure to all the Seed !

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This is a Promise of something that must be done, its a promised Salvation of a very specific people.

Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Yes, the seed here in this verse and the his people in the Matt 1:21 verse are the same.

The saving is the same, in Rom 4:16, the promise is speaking about Salvation.

Lk 2:30-32

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Lk 1:68-77

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

All whom receive a Knowledge of remission of their sins are the His People of Matt 1:21 and the seed of Rom 4:16.

Notice the mention of our Father Abraham in vs 73

Abraham is the Father of us all who Believe Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now Salvation is sure to all the seed, it is by Faith that it should be by Grace. So Faith is conditioned by Grace, and not the other way around as the false christian world would tell us. If the promise of eternal salvation or eternal inheritance were conditioned upon those of the seed having faith, then how could the promises be sure to them ?

But if Faith is a product of Grace, then we can understand how the promises are sure to all the seed. For the seed believes through or by Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Because the seed had been ordained to Eternal Life or Inheritance Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed

And as long as Grace Reigns, faith will be empowered, so all the seed is being kept by the Power and Grace of God through Faith 1Pet 1:5

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That is the Power of God [Grace Reigning] keeps us in the Faith, Grace it is we believe by Acts 18:27, so Grace keeps us believing, if we be of that Holy Seed !

Those who teach that Salvation is a condional offer to all, they are false teachers and do not understand that Salvation is a Promise to all of a certain seed !

Last edited:

beloved57

A sure Promise to save His People !

A sure Promise to save His People !

He shall save His People from their Sins, so says the Promise Matt 1:21

I ask again, who are His People ? It certainly is not the ethnic jews as many deceived souls would tell us, but it is all those that He bought with a price, and redeemed by His Blood from all iniquity as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word redeem here is the greek word lytroō and means:

to release on receipt of ransom

2) to redeem, liberate by payment of ransom

a) to liberate

b) to cause to be released to one's self by payment of a ransom

c) to redeem

d) to deliver: from evils of every kind, internal and external

His People by Redemption 1 Cor 6:20

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

His People is His Church Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The word purchase here is word peripoieō and means:

to make to remain over

2) to reserve, to leave or keep safe, lay by

3) to make to remain for one's self

4) to preserve for one's self

5) to get for one's self, purchase

Now if anyone cannot see these as being Christ's people he came to save of Matt 1:21 it is because they are blinded by the devil !

beloved57

Much has been said as to who are the His People of Matt 1:21

The reason why this is so important to know is because this is a sure promise of Salvation to a certain People, not based upon any conditions from them, but a Salvation based on a sure word of prophecy from the Word of God 2 Pet 1:19

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

And that is what Matt 1:21 is all about, its a sure word of Prophecy of what Christ shall do unto a certain People, His People !

A scripture to help us understand who are " His People " Lets look at Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Now His Inheritance is His Possession.

Thats His People, the Inheritance His Father gives Him for His Redemptive Work, and we see from this scripture that it includes some gentiles, for out of them also God had a People for His Names Sake Acts 15:14

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

And these all He shall save from their sins, for they are His Inheritance, Mic 7:18

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage?[/B] he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

This word heritage is the same word inheritance here Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The Heritage of Micah 7:18 and the Inheritance of Ps 2:8 are the same ! These are all of the His People it was prophesied He shall save from their sins !

beloved57

More on His People !

His People are all those Sanctified by the Father and preserved in Jesus Christ Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Those are also the all the Father gave Him Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The word for give in the greek is didomi and means:

to give one to someone as his own , So all those given to Him by the Father are His People given to Him !

They were first and foremost given to Him in Eternal Election ! Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Last edited:

beloved57

Those who are the people that Christ SHALL save from their sins as promised here in Matt 1:21, they are the same of which Paul wrote in Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

That is those He gave Himself for or in behalf of Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So no doubt those He gave Himself for in Gal 1:4 and the Church He gave Himself for in Eph 5:25 are the exact same ones.

Now the Gal 1:4 verse tells us the Purpose why He gave Himself for the Church, it in order to deliver it [or the us] from this present evil world, just another way of saying, to save us from our sins !

And that word deliver is the greek word exaireō and means:

to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

2) to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

3) to rescue, deliver

So the word has the meaning of being chosen or selected for this rescuing.

In fact it is part of the same word used in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

God proposed that this giving of Himself would be for their deliverance, according to His Will or the Will of God !

Now the giving of Himself did accomplish the Fathers Purpose or Will, and to deny it is simply Anti Christ ! If one person whom the Father wanted to be delivered is not by the work of Christ giving of Himself, then God's intention was thwarted !