Merry Christmas TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To those happy few and those fallen by the wayside or occupied by the next great adventure. It seems fitting to borrow from and remember one of my favorite members and associations around here, a man who made the place and everyone in it better by his presence and consideration. On my browser the graphic gets wonky past a point, but no matter.

I give you the greeting of our old friend in this most special of holidays:

Sometimes I wonder if we really make things to easy for ourselves, email vs snail mail, instant vs cooked, the interstate vs the roads less traveled, paper vs plastic, automatic vs standard. It seems like we were just sending Christmas greetings online...so in keeping, we didn't want to forget the TOL forum members, you all make a difference our life.

Mrs
Psalmist
and I send
you this for
Christmas, may
your cup of blessing
be so full that you are
drinking from the saucer,
may the porch light ever be
on so you can find your way
home, may you and your family
be a blessing to each other everyday,
and may a stranger know how really sweet
loving and kind you are. May this Christmas
be not like the rest, may this Christmas be by
the Savior blessed for He was sent to bring not
only peace and goodwill, but to bring that marvelous
gracious gift from the Father above, a light to all the
world and a great salvation for man kind, a better way.
Merry Christmas
to you and yours
Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

WizardofOz

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

Merry-Christmas-and-happy-holiday-star-tree-greeting-card.jpg

WizardofOz

I do hereby petition to make Psalmist's post the most repped and thanked post in TOL history :D

Sometimes I wonder if we really make things to easy for ourselves, email vs snail mail, instant vs cooked, the interstate vs the roads less traveled, paper vs plastic, automatic vs standard. It seems like we were just sending Christmas greetings online...so in keeping, we didn't want to forget the TOL forum members, you all make a difference our life.

Mrs
Psalmist
and I send
you this for
Christmas, may
your cup of blessing
be so full that you are
drinking from the saucer,
may the porch light ever be
on so you can find your way
home, may you and your family
be a blessing to each other everyday,
and may a stranger know how really sweet
loving and kind you are. May this Christmas
be not like the rest, may this Christmas be by
the Savior blessed for He was sent to bring not
only peace and goodwill, but to bring that marvelous
gracious gift from the Father above, a light to all the
world and a great salvation for man kind, a better way.
Merry Christmas
to you and yours
Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I do hereby petition to make Psalmist's post the most repped and thanked post in TOL history :D
Great idea.

Everyone who likes the notion follow my link to the original so the right guy gets the credit. :thumb:

Meanwhile...

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.​

Merry Christmas​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Great idea.

Everyone who likes the notion follow my link to the original so the right guy gets the credit. :thumb:

Meanwhile...

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.​

Merry Christmas​
Where is the link? Never mind, it's the post :duh:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Happy Christmas Everyone!

(even though Jesus was born on 11th September [3BC]
and on God's Calendar it was Day 1 [Trumpets] Tishr [3969AM]
Which this year was 21st September 2017)

Never mind :deadhorse:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My late Merry Christmas note. Spent time with my kids and their family. Look at how cold it has been and is going to be for us in the deep South, very abnormal.

This is surly due to global cooling! It goes in cycles and now we seem to be heading into colder years.

Anyway, I had to sell my place in Florida since my cousin, who was paying the HOA fees is very sick. I have rented a place in Naples Florida and plan to buy a place in the spring.

It is fairly warm in Naples, but the east coast Miami is the warmest part of Florida besides the keys.

I think winter with mostly 70 degree days is much nicer than the cold; even here, it is going to be in the 20s at night! TH will be freezing! Not me, I will be cool in all ways, until I get hot again;)

Last edited:

Danoh

Happy Christmas Everyone!

(even though Jesus was born on 11th September [3BC]
and on God's Calendar it was Day 1 [Trumpets] Tishr [3969AM]
Which this year was 21st September 2017)

Never mind :deadhorse:

Which would put His conception at the end of what month? :)

Acts 17: 11, 12.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Which would put His conception at the end of what month? :)

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Jesus was conceived Just before sunset on 14th December 4BC. This was day 24 month 9 (Kislev). This is when Hanukkah starts. Hanukkah was a prophetic shadow picture of His coming conception:

Haggai 2:10 + 18-22
10 On the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Haggai. 18 ‘From this day on, from this twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the LORD’S temple was laid. Give careful thought: 19 Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit. “ ’From this day on I will bless you.’ ”

Jesus was the seed:

John 12:24
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

http://torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y-4M9