ECT MUD interp flaw

heir

TOL Subscriber
unbelief

Why not believe the words on the page/what you read in the Bible whether or not you understand it at that very moment and let the Holy Ghost teach you; comparing spiritual things with spiritual?

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Interplanner

who are you talking to and why and about what passage?

If you are raised in D'ism then 'the plain meaning of what is on the page is' pre millenial dispensations, prob 7 to make things perfect, and 2P2P because all that nonsense is BUILT IN AND YOU ARE UNAWARE.

I have written what is the plain meaning to me, because I realized the 2P2P was a farce and it have me headaches, too. I realized what Acts 13 and eph 2-3 were saying, oh, and Gal 1 and 3. They became plain, while the handful of prooftexts of D'ism became worthless; mt 23's 'blessed is he...', Rom 11 and 'rightly dividing...'

Danoh

unbelief

Why not believe the words on the page/what you read in the Bible whether or not you understand it at that very moment and let the Holy Ghost teach you; comparing spiritual things with spiritual?

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Plenty of people believe the Words on the page/what they read in the Bible.

Obviously; that is not enough.

They have to be properly understood; and that involves study.

And study involves study principles.

Sound ones.

For sound study principles is how the intended sense the Spirit intended through how He used those words, as to who, what, when, why, how, etc., is how His intended sense is exegeted or extracted out of the Scripture; through His Words.

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Danoh

who are you talking to and why and about what passage?

If you are raised in D'ism then 'the plain meaning of what is on the page is' pre millenial dispensations, prob 7 to make things perfect, and 2P2P because all that nonsense is BUILT IN AND YOU ARE UNAWARE.

I have written what is the plain meaning to me, because I realized the 2P2P was a farce and it have me headaches, too. I realized what Acts 13 and eph 2-3 were saying, oh, and Gal 1 and 3. They became plain, while the handful of prooftexts of D'ism became worthless; mt 23's 'blessed is he...', Rom 11 and 'rightly dividing...'

YOU ASSUME that Dispies read "2P2P" INTO the passages...

In fact you CONSTANTLY post ABOUT Dispies from WITHIN YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.

I know; I know - only you can point your finger.

While, to point this out to you is to offend you.

As a result of this one sided blindness of yours; all one can hope to do is talk at you.

Danoh

Have you been here for any amount of time and observed that? Those who do are the minority! Most completely ignore that which is written in the context it was written and to whom.

I have observed for many years people believing the words on the page, but as understood, or misunderstood..by them.

Believing the words is not enough.

Plenty of people believe Acts 2:38, for example.

Problem?

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Believing is not enough; proper understanding is just as important.

Danoh

Perhaps you and I, heir; are each saying the same thing from a different understanding about how to say it...

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have observed for many years people believing the words on the page, but as understood, or misunderstood..by them.

Believing the words is not enough.

Plenty of people believe Acts 2:38, for example.

Problem?
Answer:

Most completely ignore that which is written in the context it was written and to whom.
Pentecost was a Jewish holy day/feast day and Jews were required to be there (Acts 2:5 KJV), OT prophecy was being fulfilled (Acts 2:16 KJV, Acts 2:31-35 KJV) and if "Jews" is not enough to tell one to whom it is written: Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:36 KJV. BAM!

Most are not believing the above. It's okay to agree that they aren't believing the word on the page. They are not comparing spiritual things with spiritual. They're checking their church SoF!

Last edited:

Interplanner

YOU ASSUME that Dispies read "2P2P" INTO the passages...

In fact you CONSTANTLY post ABOUT Dispies from WITHIN YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.

I know; I know - only you can point your finger.

While, to point this out to you is to offend you.

As a result of this one sided blindness of yours; all one can hope to do is talk at you.

the 2P2P is constantly proposed and underscoring what they say. They do it in their sleep, they do it unconsciously. It is the engine that drives D'ism, as Ryrie said. Honestly enough!

Instead the Bible is missional. It has always been about the launch and progress of a messianic mission. The law was a tutorial, governess stage which is now gone.

Interplanner

You. Your problem is unbelief. You don't believe what is written.

D'ism is NOT what is written. I believe what is written. My problem is belief.

Just look at it, heir: I'm constantly having problems with people who propose several gospels, while 'believing what is written' in Gal 1! (It pronounces a curse on anyone proposing another gospel). This happens over and over and over.

You think it says D'ist things and is full of 2P2P, but it is not.

Interplanner

You do, because instead of dealing with reasons that take real work, you just burp insults that are mindless.

Every counter I offer is not followed by a decent question, so why are you here? For ex., Acts 2-3 is crammed full of grace and is not offering a kingdom. It is offering the chance to be in the mission to bless all nations with grace and forgiveness. 'All the prophets spoke of these days' which is really what the whole book of Acts tries to show Israel--what it could have accomplished, could have been.

You have missed the forest, for a few dead trees. Try to accept the help I'm offering.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You do, because instead of dealing with reasons that take real work, you just burp insults that are mindless.

Every counter I offer is not followed by a decent question, so why are you here? For ex., Acts 2-3 is crammed full of grace and is not offering a kingdom. It is offering the chance to be in the mission to bless all nations with grace and forgiveness. 'All the prophets spoke of these days' which is really what the whole book of Acts tries to show Israel--what it could have accomplished, could have been.

You have missed the forest, for a few dead trees. Try to accept the help I'm offering.

With guys like you, I just want to tell ya what I think of you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
D'ism is NOT what is written.
Who knows what your "D'ism" term entails, but it is written that Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV), the dispensation of the grace of God was given to him (Ephesians 3:2 KJV) and also the dispensation of God (Colossians 1:25 KJV). Do you believe what is written?

I believe what is written. My problem is belief.
Do you believe that Paul's gospel was a mystery and why according to what saith the scripture (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)?

Do you believe Acts 2:38 KJV is the same gospel as 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV?

I could go on and on.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Acts 2 is not Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV! Peter told those folks to DO something for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward that their sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) while Paul preached to believe something to be saved and that of course by the gospel by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

You need to get over wanting to interpret things (as you're horrible at it made evident even by your above post) and believe what saith the scripture. When did the prophets prophesy that grace should come unto Israel (another clue to you that this is different than Paul's preaching!)

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.