My fantasy. And a question for liberals

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
This unrealistic fantasy will never happen:

The US is already divided in half by the Mississippi river. Let's have all the lefties live to the west of the river and all the conservatives east of the river.

On the east side, abortion would be a capital crime. There would be no expensive prison system needed because crime would be punished by financial restitution, flogging, or capital punishment. Everyone above the age of 20 would be required to own a handgun. Islam (a religion that advocates murder) would be illegal. There would be no mandatory health insurance, no social security, no Medicare, no Medicaid, no "free" government indocrina...err...education, no welfare checks, no food stamps, etc. Also, everyone will pay the same percentage of income tax no matter how much they make and those taxes will be below 10%.

The left ...err west coast wouldn't have to even think about building a wall on the Mexican border anymore. They could make any laws they want with absolutely no obstruction from conservatives because there wouldn't be any conservatives. They could have themselves so much fun taxing the hell out of each other!

Question for liberals: Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Caledvwlch

The US is already divided in half by the Mississippi river. Let's have all the lefties live to the west of the river and all the conservatives east of the river.

On the east side, abortion would be a capital crime. There would be no expensive prison system needed because crime would be punished by financial restitution, flogging, or capital punishment. Everyone above the age of 20 would be required to own a handgun. Islam (a religion that advocates murder) would be illegal. There would be no mandatory health insurance, no social security, no Medicare, no Medicaid, no "free" government indocrina...err...education, no welfare checks, no food stamps, etc. Also, everyone will pay the same percentage of income tax no matter how much they make and those taxes will be below 10%.

The left ...err west coast wouldn't have to even think about building a wall on the Mexican border anymore. They could make any laws they want with absolutely no obstruction from conservatives because there wouldn't be any conservatives. They could have themselves so much fun taxing the hell out of each other!

Flogging? I'm happy you used the word "fantasy," but also kind of disturbed. And you can't have NH.

Oh and we'll happily accept all of your starving, sick, abused, uneducated child refugees.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

not wonderful for anyone living east of the Mississippi.

Of course in this set up no one would be living for very long.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's the problem I have with Jefferson's scenario:

First and foremost is that he's implying that morally confused people have some kind of 'right' to govern, they don't. Morally confused people are in need of God-fearing people and righteous laws to help them find their way out of a destructive sinful lifestyle.

The other issues I have are:

1). Abortion: Who would be executed, the women that have them or the doctors that perform them? Would there be no cases where abortion would be justified as in the rare instance of saving the mother's life?

2). Everyone over 20 would be required to own a gun: Even the mentally incompetent?

3). Border fence: Yet another band aid on a cancerous problem. There are many ways to stop illegal immigration without having to build a fence.

4). Public education: If parents don't homeschool their children then the children wouldn't get an education?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
not wonderful for anyone living east of the Mississippi.

Of course in this set up no one would be living for very long.
Why should you care? You wouldn't be living there. Why would you not be in favor of having your perfect leftist paradise?

Caledvwlch

The left would starve to death without the tax revenues from the right to support all their 'programs'

Although, going by the terms of the fantasy, the left would have roughly half of the people to tax, and a support load of roughly half of what it is now. So that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why should you care? You wouldn't be living there. Why would you not be in favor of having your perfect leftist paradise?

Playing along with this dystopian post-apocalyptic nightmare: I'd care among other things because you'd eventually try to conquer and or kill us.

And because it'd be a hideous abomination to mankind.

Christian Liberty

I have questions:

1. From what I understand Enyart's variation of theonomy considers the religious laws that was given to Israel to not be applicable to modern nations, only the second table civil sanctions. If that's the case, how can you justify banning Islam specifically? If that's not the case, why would public practice of other false religions like Buddhism, Judaism, and Roman Catholicism be any more legal?

2. While I'm all for gun control being abolished, where's the Biblical basis for MAKING people have guns?

3. I don't see any mention of drugs at all. Are you for legalization? (Which you should be since there's no Biblical support for criminality.) If not, what penalty are you endorsing and why?

I'm mostly on board otherwise, at least generally.

Caledvwlch

Also, we wouldn't trade with you, because of your grotesque human rights violations, what with the floggings and all.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Also, we wouldn't trade with you, because of your grotesque human rights violations, what with the floggings and all.

Funny, but theocrats of all kinds tacitly admit the only way they could really do as they intend is following a catastrophe or collapse of some kind that would pave the way for their agenda. I don't seriously think any of them believe electing a president who hits all the checkboxes will really accomplish what they have in mind; what they need is something incredibly damaging and drastic to open the door for them. Why do you think North was hoping Y2K would finally be the big one?

They can barely hide their outright hatred for this country. Rooting for it to fail is pretty much part of the program.

Christian Liberty

Playing along with this dystopian post-apocalyptic nightmare: I'd care among other things because you'd eventually try to conquer and or kill us.

And because it'd be a hideous abomination to mankind.

Well, I disagree on the second point, but the first one is honestly true based on the same reasoning Enyart used to justify the Iraq War. Abortion, at least from our view, is equivalent to murder and so your "leftist paradise" would be as bad or even worse than the Middle Eastern nations that neocons usually try to overthrow.

By that same logic neocons would want to invade Canada, yet they don't. I do wonder if Jefferson and Bob are more consistent than that. I honestly don't know.

This would need to come with a sane foreign policy. Let Ron Paul run the Dept. of Foreign Affairs ;)