Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostBoy

I received a question from a member. How do I reply without installing AIM on my computer? I'm new to message boards and chat rooms.

Coteaz

What kind of message?

If it is a Personal Message or a visitor message on your profile, you can simply reply in-board. No need to install any outside programs.

LostBoy

It was a visitor question. I clicked on her name, and it took me to her page, but when I clicked on send message, it only had the option to send a message through AIM. I'm probly overlooking something really obvious here.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Each user can set whether he or she wishes to receive Personal Messages (PM). If you see the button and push it and they have declined to receive you should get a message popup telling you so.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It was a visitor question. I clicked on her name, and it took me to her page, but when I clicked on send message, it only had the option to send a message through AIM. I'm probly overlooking something really obvious here.
If it was a visitor message it was posted on your profile. You can just respond there. Use the text box at the top of your profile, right below your picture and information.

kafir

Don't you have to have 50 posts before you can PM someone? I don't see that text box in my profile.

So this is post 7 for me. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.