• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

"Physical evidence"?  No evidence is physical.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
"Physical evidence"? No evidence is physical.

I'm not the only one who understands the truth that many things are not physical. Among non-physical things are logic and truth. It, I take it, will not be a popular thing to say, but I write this post to declare the truth that evidence is not physical.

That's right, folks. Those rings you find when you cut up a tree: they're not evidence. Some rock, some feature of a landscape, or body of water, or some structure of bone dug out of the ground, whatever chances to be found in kitchen middens, and many, many other things--not one of these things, these physical things, is evidence. No evidence is physical; no physical thing(s) is/are evidence...of anything.

Several people have told me that this or that is evidence, but, whenever I have responded to them by asking them elementary questions about the nature of evidence, invariably, they pretend like they never even saw the questions, and thus, they never get around to even trying to answer them. One such question I've asked them is whether or not evidence is true--whether or not what is evidence is truth. Never have I gotten an answer to this question.

I, for one, understand the truth that evidence is truth; whatever is evidence is truth, and whatever is not truth is not evidence. That being the case, since truth is not physical, evidence is not physical.

One is in an unenviable position who wants to say that something is evidence but not truth. Such a person champions a worse-than-useless doctrine concerning the nature of evidence. And to such, I say: by all means, feel free to stick to your "evidence" while I, instead, stick to logic and the truth.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, you're probably right from a philosophical point of view, but it hardly changes the nature of a discussion. You're still not going to get Darwinists to engage rationally.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Physical evidence"? No evidence is physical.

I'm not the only one who understands the truth that many things are not physical. Among non-physical things are logic and truth. It, I take it, will not be a popular thing to say, but I write this post to declare the truth that evidence is not physical.

That's right, folks. Those rings you find when you cut up a tree: they're not evidence. Some rock, some feature of a landscape, or body of water, or some structure of bone dug out of the ground, whatever chances to be found in kitchen middens, and many, many other things--not one of these things, these physical things, is evidence. No evidence is physical; no physical thing(s) is/are evidence...of anything.

Several people have told me that this or that is evidence, but, whenever I have responded to them by asking them elementary questions about the nature of evidence, invariably, they pretend like they never even saw the questions, and thus, they never get around to even trying to answer them. One such question I've asked them is whether or not evidence is true--whether or not what is evidence is truth. Never have I gotten an answer to this question.

I, for one, understand the truth that evidence is truth; whatever is evidence is truth, and whatever is not truth is not evidence. That being the case, since truth is not physical, evidence is not physical.

One is in an unenviable position who wants to say that something is evidence but not truth. Such a person champions a worse-than-useless doctrine concerning the nature of evidence. And to such, I say: by all means, feel free to stick to your "evidence" while I, instead, stick to logic and the truth.
The mind of the scientist makes demonstrable observations of the material world.