POLL: Do Christians Commit Sins?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I was going to create a poll but I guess I cannot. So we will just keep count the old fashioned way.

POLL: Do Christians Commit Sins? Yes or No.

My position is YES, we do.

In another thread a member basically said that being a Christian means that they do not sin anymore. I have heard this position before from other people as well.

My position is that becoming a Christian is the beginning of the journey of salvation, not the end. Paul talks about "growing" in Christ, and growth is a process, often of error and correction.

In another thread I said that when a baby is born he crawls then walks, he makes mistakes and learns, sometimes he does something bad and is punished by his father.

Likewise, when we are Born Again, we start to crawl all over again and then walk, we make mistakes and we sin, and we confess those sins and move forward again, we grow in Christ, we learn, and sometimes we do something bad are punished by Our Father:

Hebrews 12:6
: "For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.”

Does an earthly father punish his neighbor's kids? Of course not, A father punishes his own children to help them grow and learn. God only rebukes his own children when they sin.

James 5:16: Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed
Romans 3:23: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God