Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WonderfulLordJesus said:
The above is your opinion, or the opinion of your Church or denomination.
Many Christian Churches, Denominations, Creeds and Governments are now recognising and supporting same-sex marriage with legislation.

I often notice that dissapproving Christians will usually quote from Paul's (or other) letters, but Jesus is not recorded as being extreme in his opinions about homosexuality, adultery or polyamory. The 612 laws written in the Old Testament were ALL perfect for the protection and strengthening of the tribes BACK IN THOSE DAYS. Many Christians do seem to overlook or ignore many of these laws, whilst leaning so heavily on the others.

You cannot cherry-pick from these laws, surely? You either accept each and every one, or you recognise that what was a potential destroyer of a whole people BACK THEN is no longer such a risk? Some Christians, such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, do try to live by all of the OT laws, but I don't know many other Christian Churches that do. Heving said that, mention of JWs can often cause heated responses from other Christian Denominations. Let's face it....... Christians are often at loggerheads with each other.

It's not opinion. It is the opposite of opinion. You shoot yourself in the foot, right out of the gate, to say things like this to any Christian. You're merely making comments of somebody who has no understanding of Christianity. Unless Paul said he spoke as a man in any given passage, which he was careful to make clear, there is no distinction between the words of Jesus Christ and Paul: all scripture is of God, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Christ gave Paul what to write, just as He gave Paul the gospel, Galatians 1:12. This is truth of all scripture prophets, 2 Peter 1:21. God did not leave His word, scripture truth, up for grabs.

Christ was not tolerant of sin. He told the woman saved from stoning to go and sin no more, to repent. And the Old Covenant is not the New Covenant. Judaism never went out to the entire world, but only to Israel. The New Testament revelation of Jesus Christ and His salvation work supersedes the program Israel was under, something the New Testament painstakingly teaches, your very comments on this merely confusion over being under the Old Covenant or not, which the Christian is not. The Old Covenant is, actually, dead for even Israel, as we speak, the Jew of this age of grace a rejecter of Jesus Christ, an unbeliever, as such still blind to the incarnation of their very God, whom some such unbelievers shouted, "Crucify Him!"

You clearly do not have a comprehensive knowledge of what you're speaking to, which I do have. Honestly, the very basics escape you. If you did have knowledge, you would see that the truth of the Bible is not a denomination, that my stand is God's stand, the very reason I have that stand. I don't do denominational anything, if they are not completely congruous with the word of God. And there are denominations, as well as non-denominationals, which are strictly of the Holy Bible, by standard, as the sole sure measure of truth. Romans 1 stands, period, as it is the word of God, is inescapably clear, and every true Christian knows this. Myself, I'm never interested in what some lying cream puff, in a dog collar, has to say, that tries to make God a liar. That's, literally, a damnable fool's errand.

Not being a Christian, you can't really even understand the Bible to speak to it, at all. This requires the Holy Spirit. Comments such as you have just made are like the sort of commentary on rockets you'd expect from a caveman. You're only displaying your ignorance, and trying to measure God by the confusion and errors of unregenerate men. This homosexual "marriage" perversion is roundly defiant of something Almighty God calls vile, as well as having more serious implications, involving perversion of a covenant that is sacred to God and the similitude of marriage to the bride of Christ. Vile! Matthew 23:33.

You can debate your unbelief and defiance of God 24x7, and all you'll have gained, at that last heartbeat, is eternal hellfire. There's something for you to seriously think about, much more serious than that heartbeat. And it doesn't matter one whit what you think, what I think, what some apostate denomination thinks. It only matters what God thinks, and He's very clear in Romans 1 your so-called denominations are evil and false.

You really should abstain from commenting on the things of God, at all, given you're blind to them, and Christianity is not a denomination. The world is full of fakes and frauds of all stripes, many specializing in religion. Your whole argument has just this excessively lousy, false basis, that looks to evil men, instead of God. This is why we have the word of God in scripture, to put the lie to ignorant and deceptive comments like yours. You believe Romans 1, or you don't, are a friend of truth, or a friend of lies, are a friend of God, or an enemy of God, you serve God, or you serve the devil, and I'd suggest you get that latter monkey off your back, now. Then, you may actually avoid the wrath of God you're headed for, begin to learn and actually make a spiritually prescient comment at some point.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Well said, WLJ.