Psalmist shares the gospel

Lon

I asked what one is supposed to do that is told to go to hell, looking for a good and right response. This was it.

What do you believe.
Why do you believe it.
Who is it that justifies.
Who is the... Authority.
Who will you listen too? The accuser of the brethren or to what God says.

Romans 8:31-33
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

If you[']re saved by Jesus, forget the fearful questioning;
if you are not take care of it today,
John 14:6 and Romans 10l8-13, that's the perfect formula,
read Revelation 3:20, I know it's to a church, but if you are going to church and you [hear] Him knocking,
maybe of you waiting to make a decision about accepting Him as Savior, maybe He's tired of the keyhole prayers and you're pushing pennies under the door.

You need to settle this,
go to the Scriptures,
read what Jesus said about believing and eternal life.

Read what Paul wrote about believing in Jesus and eternal life.

If a mother cat has her kittens in an oven, that doesn't make them biscuits, does it [?]
Have enough holy boldness to go to the Throne of Grace and between you and the Lord settle it. Get a hold of the Horns of the Altar (figuratively) if necessary.

Settle with yourself and the Lord.

Thank you, Psalmist

Romans 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."
Romans 8:23-39

Doormat

I think it's sage advice.

Loved this: "If a mother cat has her kittens in an oven, that doesn't make them biscuits, does it [?]"

But, Lon, I don't see that it explains the gospel, so I wouldn't call it Psalmist sharing the gospel. It was a great post, though.

Thanks for pointing it out; I might have missed it.

Lon

I think it's sage advice.

Loved this: "If a mother cat has her kittens in an oven, that doesn't make them biscuits, does it [?]"

But, Lon, I don't see that it explains the gospel, so I wouldn't call it Psalmist sharing the gospel. It was a great post, though.

Thanks for pointing it out; I might have missed it.
"good news." Romans 10:9&10 are in there. That if we confess with our mouths, Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts, God raised Him from the grave, we will be saved.

I'm not always handy with sufficient titles though, I agree.

Doormat

"good news." Romans 10:9&10 are in there.

I saw the citation, but don't think it explains the gospel. Jesus said this:

"If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

In light of that, Romans 10:9-10 requires elaboration for the gospel to be understood. Psalmist wisely pointed to the sayings of Jesus as our source for understanding the gospel.

Lon

Perhaps context for you would help. The thread in question was, "What do I do if I'm going to hell?" I believe he sufficiently answered the question.
Anything pointing us to the cross for salvation is the gospel, or a portion of it.
I wasn't too worried about the title at the time, but perhaps I should have been :)

I'll take the title correction, no problem (other than not being able to do much about it atf).

Lon

A couple of very kind TOLer's post a reply to this, I cannot remember who they are, but I thank them for pointing out I left a few things out that are important to the point of my post.

The truth of John 14:6 is the starting point.
The truth about being saved is Romans 10:8-13, emphasis on verses 9-10.

I think this is the in between...

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Cor. 6:2
For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

And there is no room for...
Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, "You almost persuade me to become a Christian."
It's yes or no, no almost you persuade me.

I'm sure there is more.