Quixotic Freshman Risks Own Academic Future for 10 Commandments

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Must be a public school thing.

No. Those mean teachers at my private school expected me to study, hand in homework and take tests.

It's like they believe the label of "teacher" entitles them to teach ... or something!

Caledvwlch

No. Those mean teachers at my private school expected me to study, hand in homework and take tests.

It's like they believe the label of "teacher" entitles them to teach ... or something!

Same here. I try not to hold it against them.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
What was her subject(s)?

math, can't remember which - prolly algebra or geometry or trig

the funny thing was, the admins wouldn't give her a clear answer on what sort of a passing rate they needed - we both figured it would be easy to just make a factor and apply it to everybody's grades equally

this was the same district that wouldn't give a student a grade less than 50% - just showing up (or not even showing up - just being registered) got you a baseline 50

and the majority of the kids couldn't add 15% to that to get a D :nono:

that was about the point at which i decided that i wasn't interested in a career in inner city education

csuguy

I don't get all the constant bickering over such things. Its not like people are going to because Christians because they saw this plaque - nor are Christians going to abandon their faith because it was taken down. They shouldn't be staking their identity and future on public monuments.