Sahara Desert Thriving on Global Warming

Quetzal

Greenhouse gases have increased rainfall in the Sahal region of the Sahara Desert causing rains to return and the previous starving people to no longer need handouts from the west, now being self-sufficient.

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...catastrophists-the-sahara-is-getting-greener/

Question for Liberals: Isn't this good news or would you prefer people starving to make a point?
What an incredibly stupid and weighted question. Of course, the fact that there is rain there is good news. But there are many other imminent dangers that need to be monitored as well.

fool

Hall of Fame
What an incredibly stupid and weighted question. Of course, the fact that there is rain there is good news. But there are many other imminent dangers that need to be monitored as well.

Rain was not such good news for Texas.
California is parched.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is one thing to say that rainfall has increased in a certain place and that greenhouse gasses have also increased worldwide but it is an entirely nuther thing to say that one has caused the other. It would be trivial to find a great many things that have gotten worse during the same period.

Not that I support either side, don't get me wrong. Though I tend to the view that 'climate change' happens all the time anyway. It is just a fact of life in a chaotic system and it is meaningless to equate it with some random phenomenon such as carbon dioxide emissions.

Caledvwlch

It is one thing to say that rainfall has increased in a certain place and that greenhouse gasses have also increased worldwide but it is an entirely nuther thing to say that one has caused the other. It would be trivial to find a great many things that have gotten worse during the same period.

Not that I support either side, don't get me wrong. Though I tend to the view that 'climate change' happens all the time anyway. It is just a fact of life in a chaotic system and it is meaningless to equate it with some random phenomenon such as carbon dioxide emissions.

Carbon emissions are not a "random phenomenon."

I'm not a liberal but what point would be made?
Consider:

http://qz.com/#256020/russias-warmi...disease-drought-and-forest-fires-as-a-result/

So Russia is warming faster than the rest of the world. What are we supposed to do about that? Start a war and a nuclear winter? Some things are just out of our hands. I read another article today about global warming 10,000 years ago. The USA cannot be blamed for that. You can't even blame the Jews, it's just nature. Learn to accept the things you cannot change.

Quetzal

Consider:

http://qz.com/#256020/russias-warmi...disease-drought-and-forest-fires-as-a-result/

So Russia is warming faster than the rest of the world. What are we supposed to do about that? Start a war and a nuclear winter? Some things are just out of our hands. I read another article today about global warming 10,000 years ago. The USA cannot be blamed for that. You can't even blame the Jews, it's just nature. Learn to accept the things you cannot change.
But that's just it, we can help change it. Our emissions are on a decline due to the education and commitment of environmental scientists. There is a lot of technology being developed and research is being conducted to try to figure out a way to reverse these things. If everyone took your lazy, unproductive approach then you would be right. Nothing could be done.

But that's just it, we can help change it. Our emissions are on a decline due to the education and commitment of environmental scientists. There is a lot of technology being developed and research is being conducted to try to figure out a way to reverse these things. If everyone took your lazy, unproductive approach then you would be right. Nothing could be done.
I take offense at you referring to me as lazy because I don't happen to agree with the theory of global warming. There is no proof that anything we are doing is effecting climate change. We know from examining ice cores that the earth climate has changed many, many times. One Mount St. Helens eruption can have global consequenses for years. But the earth was designed with a self-healing ability if left alone. We will have more greenery to create O2 from the green house gases. Carbon dioxide is essential to life. It is transformed into O2 by forests, plants and grasses. This is a wonderful world God created.

Quetzal

I take offense at you referring to me as lazy because I don't happen to agree with the theory of global warming. There is no proof that anything we are doing is effecting climate change. We know from examining ice cores that the earth climate has changed many, many times. One Mount St. Helens eruption can have global consequenses for years. But the earth was designed with a self-healing ability if left alone. We will have more greenery to create O2 from the green house gases. Carbon dioxide is essential to life. It is transformed into O2 by forests, plants and grasses. This is a wonderful world God created.
A wonderful world that you are, in part, destroying by not taking this theory seriously. There is conclusive evidence that the Earth is warming. Let's use this graph composed by NASA as an example.

AkTSNQK.gif

fool

Hall of Fame
India's heatwave is killing people and melting roads.

It's gonna be 122 F in the shade in Saudi Arabia for Ramadan.
149 F in direct Sun!
Great time to have a holiday when you can't drink anything all day.

fool

Hall of Fame
Consider:

So Russia is warming faster than the rest of the world.
OK

What are we supposed to do about that?
I don't know that there's anything we can do.

Start a war and a nuclear winter?
That's one idea I guess?

Some things are just out of our hands.
Perhaps there's something shy of a nuclear war we could try?

I read another article today about global warming 10,000 years ago.
Uh huh.

The USA cannot be blamed for that.
Who was blaming the USA for that?

You can't even blame the Jews,
Not with that attitude.

it's just nature.
She's a Mother

Learn to accept the things you cannot change.
But we can change how much we pollute which is a good idea in and of it's self.