Salvation is the Gift of God !

beloved57

Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I know men have debated whether or not Faith in this passage is the Gift of God. It certainly is with no doubt, in fact everything regarding Salvation in Christ is the Gift of God. Jesus alludes to Himself as being the Gift of God Jn 4:10

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

So Faith as it accompanies Salvation is the Gift of God, and Faith being a fruit of the Spirit, the Spirit in New Birth is the Gift of God. Yes part of the Saving efficacy of the Cross is giving the New Birth, simply, Christs death for His People effects the Saving Work of the New Birth, that's why He says, speaking of His death Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

The drawing here is the immediate effect of being lifted up, which denotes His Death. His death secured the drawing, the New Birth, which the Spirit is guaranteed to work mightily in the sinner He died for, causing the sinner to come to Christ in believing faith. All this is the result of His redeeming death. Rom 8 32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

The all things includes New Birth, Faith, Repentance, A New workmanship ,all the spiritual blessing stored up in Him for them from before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Last edited:

Nanja

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I know men have debated whether or not Faith in this passage is the Gift of God. It certainly is with no doubt, in fact everything regarding Salvation in Christ is the Gift of God. Jesus alludes to Himself as being the Gift of God Jn 4:10

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

So Faith as it accompanies Salvation is the Gift of God, and Faith being a fruit of the Spirit, the Spirit in New Birth is the Gift of God. Yes part of the Saving efficacy of the Cross is giving the New Birth, simply, Christs death for His People effects the Saving Work of the New Birth, that's why He says, speaking of His death Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

The drawing here is the immediate effect of being lifted up, which denotes His Death. His death secured the drawing, the New Birth, which the Spirit is guaranteed to work mightily in the sinner He died for, causing the sinner to come to Christ in believing faith. All this is the result of His redeeming death. Rom 8 32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

The all things includes New Birth, Faith, Repentance, A New workmanship ,all the spiritual blessing stored up in Him for them from before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Amen Brother ! Just as you have clearly illustrated, all things having to do with Salvation from start to finish, is a Gift of God:

For it's only by His Spirit and Grace and Power can a person be Spiritually Enabled when he is Newly Created in Christ

by the Power of God the Holy Spirit 2 Cor. 5:17; that by His Fruit and Gift of Faith, can one Christ died for, live a New Life as a New Creation.

Hence, all these Spiritual Gifts of God: Salvation, Faith / Believing, Repentance, New Birth, and being Drawn, belong exclusively to God's Elect Eph. 1:3-4:

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 Pet. 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

beloved57

A passage that clearly indicates that all of Salvation, to include New Birth and Conversion is the direct effect of Christs Death [which many man made religions deny] is right here Jn 12:23-34

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

I believe Jesus here is referring to Himself here as the Corn of Wheat which fall into the ground and die [speaking of His Death] and if it die [which He did] it bringeth forth much fruit. The fruit here is Salvation, Spiritual Life and Conversion, which entails Faith and Repentance. See Faith and Repentance are but Fruit from His Death.. The word fruit karpos means:
    1. the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity
  1. that which originates or comes from something, an effect, result

Notice the word means effect, results. Its talking about effecting the Salvation of those He died for, His Seed. Isa 53:10
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him;
he hath put him to grief:
when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,
he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days,
and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word seed also means

offspring, descendants, posterity, children

The word also means fruitful Gen 48 4

And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and will give this land to thy seed H2233 after thee for an everlasting possession.

Nanja

A passage that clearly indicates that all of Salvation, to include New Birth and Conversion is the direct effect of Christs Death [which many man made religions deny] is right here Jn 12:23-34

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

I believe Jesus here is referring to Himself here as the Corn of Wheat which fall into the ground and die [speaking of His Death] and if it die [which He did] it bringeth forth much fruit. The fruit here is Salvation, Spiritual Life and Conversion, which entails Faith and Repentance. See Faith and Repentance are but Fruit from His Death.. The word fruit karpos means:
    1. the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity
  1. that which originates or comes from something, an effect, result

Notice the word means effect, results. Its talking about effecting the Salvation of those He died for, His Seed. Isa 53:10
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him;
he hath put him to grief:
when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,
he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days,
and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word seed also means

offspring, descendants, posterity, children

The word also means fruitful Gen 48 4

And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and will give this land to thy seed H2233 after thee for an everlasting possession.

Amen Brother, from that One Seed [Christ; corn of wheat] that fell into the ground and died along with His Children Chosen in Him Eph. 1:4:

Through that Death of the Seed, shall also bring New Life to that same Seed; for out of that Death comes Spiritual Life to them.

1 Pet. 1:3, 23

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

beloved57

Amen Brother, from that One Seed [Christ; corn of wheat] that fell into the ground and died along with His Children Chosen in Him Eph. 1:4:

Through that Death of the Seed, shall also bring New Life to that same Seed; for out of that Death comes Spiritual Life to them.

1 Pet. 1:3, 23

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Bless the Lord Sister.

marke

Peter preached the Gosple to sinners, encouraging them to turn to Jesus for the gift of salvation.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

beloved57

Peter preached the Gosple to sinners, encouraging them to turn to Jesus for the gift of salvation.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Doesn't change anything!