Senior Centers Close in Florida

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
:help:
No more card games, dominoes and dinner.

The Mayor, Gimenez said his top worry centers on senior centers where clients arrive for a meal and social activities, but return home at the end of the day. “The nursing homes, they have medical personnel. "While I’m concerned, I’m not as concerned as I am about senior centers", he said.“After serious consideration and consulting with public health experts, I have decided to temporarily suspend activities at the Senior Centers, until further notice,” he wrote.we feel it is our responsibility to protect our at-risk population by limiting interaction at this time,” he said.People of all ages can support older adults during this time. Many older adults depend on services and supports provided in their homes or in the community to maintain their health and independence.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article240802561.html#storylink=cpy
Dining centers for older adults will contact participants to provide information regarding meal distribution at the dining centers beginning Monday. Home-delivered meals will continue to be delivered.

No state has a higher share of residents who are in their 70s, 80s or older than Florida. Reach out to old folks with your time and a cooked meal. :chew:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Now Italy, with a HUGE elderly population, is proposing to limit care for elderly patients.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/elder...s-italys-national-health-system-experts-warn/

This is murder. This is socialized medicine in action.

Bad deal for Italy.:help:

We do have pick-up meals and have chosen to alternate who picks up the meals and delivers them.
We are also doing restaurant food deliveries by taking one day a week turns.
This looks to be a long 'stay at home' time; we are taking turns going out once, or twice a week.
I been taking some drives to the beach. Most of us are not getting close, or touching. I hope for the best, we cannot take a chance getting sick!
:wave2:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
:help:
No more card games, dominoes and dinner.

The Mayor, Gimenez said his top worry centers on senior centers where clients arrive for a meal and social activities, but return home at the end of the day. “The nursing homes, they have medical personnel. "While I’m concerned, I’m not as concerned as I am about senior centers", he said.“After serious consideration and consulting with public health experts, I have decided to temporarily suspend activities at the Senior Centers, until further notice,” he wrote.we feel it is our responsibility to protect our at-risk population by limiting interaction at this time,” he said.People of all ages can support older adults during this time. Many older adults depend on services and supports provided in their homes or in the community to maintain their health and independence.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy
Dining centers for older adults will contact participants to provide information regarding meal distribution at the dining centers beginning Monday. Home-delivered meals will continue to be delivered.

No state has a higher share of residents who are in their 70s, 80s or older than Florida. Reach out to old folks with your time and a cooked meal. :chew:

Where was the Governor's concerns less than 2 weeks ago when the Florida beaches were filled with "spring breakers?

Now that they've gone home to spread the pandemic to their local communities, the Governor suddenly develops a social conscience concerning the welfare of Florida's seniors - most of which have a history of voting Republican!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
jgarden responds to a post of kat's from three weeks ago:
Where was the Governor's concerns less than 2 weeks ago when the beaches were filled with "spring breakers?

Now that they've gone home to spread the pandemic to their local communities, the Governor suddenly develops a social conscience concerning the welfare of Florida's seniors - most of which have a history of voting Republican!

jgarden, reaching epic heights of retardedness rarely seen on TOL outside of artie's posts :nono:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Where was the Governor's concerns less than 2 weeks ago when the Florida beaches were filled with "spring breakers?

not concerned much with the governor here. It does feel like a foreign country, but it is what it is? kids do silly things. Old people are too worried. Everyone has some issues.:cheers:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
jgarden responds to a post of kat's from three weeks ago:

jgarden, reaching epic heights of retardedness rarely seen on TOL outside of artie's posts :nono:
KNIGHT

We can no longer allow folks to follow others around the forum mocking them and disrupting their threads. If you don't like the topic of a thread or do not like the person who started the thread ignore it! Move on to something you are interested in. Please be careful if you are teasing or having fun with another member because if we mistake that for mean-spirited mocking you will get an infraction and possibly a TOL ban.

Please folks... TOL needs to be a place where people feel comfortable making a point or exploring ideas. That's the fun part of a community forum. If they feel like they cannot explore ideas without being mocked they will go elsewhere and TOL will end up being 6 or 8 members preaKNIGHTching to their own choir.

Therefore... infractions will fly fast and furious for those who do not add to the conversation but simply mocking and troll the forum. From here on out folks need to show other members a level of respect when responding to one another. That doesn't mean you can't vehemently disagree but you must do so in a way where you are actually engaging in the debate and not simply trolling.

Last edited: