ECT Should any Assurance of salvation be expected without Full Repentance?

Doom

You either repent or don't repent. It's not possible to do anything other than fully repent.

Last edited:

musterion

If anyone needs it defined I would say he/she hasn't ___at all.

You started this discussion but the problem is, there are at least two major and opposing definitions of repent in common usage today. If you really want an honest discussion, be honest and say which one you mean (though I'll bet it's "stop sinning").

Cross Reference

Obviously, I have hit a nerve. Repentance must be something you all haven't thought much about, an alien word, and now are caught off guard and wish to rag on me to find something I might offer up that will excuse your ignorance.

No way. Go with my last __ or read one of your self-help books whose title might reveal an answer..

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Obviously, I have hit a nerve. Repentance must be something you all haven't thought much about, an alien word, and now are caught off guard and wish to rag on me to find something I might offer up that will excuse your ignorance.

No way. Go with my last __ or read one of your self-help books whose title might reveal an answer..

Yeah, i didn't think you were willing to give an account of the hope within you. Out of your mouth your heart speaks, loudly.

oatmeal

What might God have to say about that?

Not trying to be aggravating nor debating but could you

Define from scripture "full repentance"

For that matter, please show me where the phrase "full repentance" appears in scripture?

Romans 5:6-11 ...

Did God wait for our "full repentance"?

I John 5:13

I have eternal life now and I know it.

Why wait for I Thessalonians 4:13-18 to come to pass to find out since you can know now?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What's wrong kiddo? Can't handle your convictions?
Want your 'private' life and Jesus too ___ want to continue believing, all is well?

Who knows how to discuss something with you? You aren't even willing to explain what you mean in your own op. No one can discuss anything when you aren't willing to tell people how you are defining what you are asking.

Confusion is not of God, so either stop playing games, or tell us what you mean by repentance, and how one can only repent partially like your op suggests. Define your discussion terms or stop wasting peoples time.

If anyone needs it defined I would say he/she hasn't ___at all.

One has either turned 180 degrees from sin or not. Does this mean anybody in the flesh is going to be sinless perfection? No. But we forsake sin, accept the Lord Jesus Christ in faith, and walk in the light of Christ, in newness of life, being born again of the Holy Spirit, as new creatures in Christ, or we've not been born again.

Nobody can be a little pregnant.

Cross Reference

Not trying to be aggravating nor debating but could you

Define from scripture "full repentance"

For that matter, please show me where the phrase "full repentance" appears in scripture?

Romans 5:6-11 ...

Did God wait for our "full repentance"?

I John 5:13

I have eternal life now and I know it.

Why wait for I Thessalonians 4:13-18 to come to pass to find out since you can know now?

So what do you want from me? You got it all figured out. But God knows your heart doesn't He __or does it matter? Your mind is made up and snapped shut.

Cross Reference

One has either turned 180 degrees from sin or not. Does this mean anybody in the flesh is going to be sinless perfection? No. But we forsake sin, accept the Lord Jesus Christ in faith, and walk in the light of Christ, in newness of life, being born again of the Holy Spirit, as new creatures in Christ, or we've not been born again.

Nobody can be a little pregnant.

Ah yes, "forsaking sin". I think they are just words. What do you you think?

Cross Reference

Who knows how to discuss something with you? You aren't even willing to explain what you mean in your own op. No one can discuss anything when you aren't willing to tell people how you are defining what you are asking.

Confusion is not of God, so either stop playing games, or tell us what you mean by repentance, and how one can only repent partially like your op suggests. Define your discussion terms or stop wasting peoples time.

Sure and you have don't compromise in Him, do you?

Need a definition for that as well?