ECT So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

DAN P

Here endeth your thread.

Hi , and I assume , he will not answer , as I have just Challenged him to debate me on Dispensationalism , on Col 1:25 and 26 and I believe he is all talk !!

He will NOT tell me how he was saved !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and I assume , he will not answer , as I have just Challenged him to debate me on Dispensationalism , on Col 1:25 and 26 and I believe he is all talk !!

dan p

Anyone who was saved was saved when they met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10.

musterion

dan p

If someone is reluctant to tell you how they were saved, it's because they're honestly not sure they are saved, meaning SAFE in Christ. As you know, that's sadly very common among pentecostals, charismatics, the reformed, etc.

DAN P

Anyone who was saved was saved when they met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10.

Hi , and what about Eph 2:8 ?

It is hard for a Pentecostal to believe in Acts 2:38 and than talk about Rom 10:9 ?

So if we are saved is saved , than you believe in OSAS ??

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What should be one's spiritual challenges upon getting saved and claiming to be resurrected with Christ?

We are complete in him. You have no idea what saved even means. It means we have moved death into life. That is salvation.

Cross Reference

Yes. I would say so as well with added caveat that confession must be an ongoing lifestyle. I would say my OP would center on what that Lifestyle means to both the saved and to God Himself, that it be understood to be a necessity for entering and being sustained in His everlasting Kingdom. See John 17:3.

Cross Reference

To not listen to people like you, la, meshak and others who doubt that what He did was enough to save them.

I have been over the issue of salvation to move on into Christ, as Paul stated we must do, if we say we are saved. So what is holding you up from moving on. Aren't you sure yet or maybe you are holding out for better terms?

oatmeal

Hi , and what about Eph 2:8 ?

It is hard for a Pentecostal to believe in Acts 2:38 and than talk about Rom 10:9 ?

So if we are saved is saved , than you believe in OSAS ??

dan p

Why not start a thread with your question to me as the OP?

This thread is about what comes after salvation, not the details of salvation and how to receive it.

oatmeal

Yes. I would say so as well with added caveat that confession must be an ongoing lifestyle. I would say my OP would center on what that Lifestyle means to both the saved and to God Himself, that it be understood to be a necessity for entering and being sustained in His everlasting Kingdom. See John 17:3.

It should be an ongoing lifestyle, but that is not a necessary requirement for the simple act of receiving salvation.

To confess with the mouth the lord Jesus and believe in the heart that God raised him from the dead is an agreement and maybe commitment that those two concepts are true.

1. Jesus is lord

2. God raised him from the dead

Can those two truths be taken lightly?

Saying "I do" is simple, but the homework to reach that decision can take a lot of work and time.

Likewise with Romans 10:9-10, a person without God and without hope, dead in trespasses and sins, may have to do some work to come to those conclusions

Not a decision to be taken lightly.

To say Jesus is lord could be uttered by anyone, a muslim could mutter, yes, Jesus is a lord, but never believe that God raised him from the dead

or someone could say that yes God raised Jesus from the dead, but he is not my lord, for why would I want a loser who died on a cross to be my lord?

Both concepts are required.

A child may find accepting those concepts easily, yet they have to learn the ideas of who Jesus is, what does it mean to be lord, who is God, what is death, what does raising from the dead mean?

It still takes work to prepare the heart to truly meet those requirements in order to receive the gift of salvation.

If a loved one hands us a costly gift, we must still hold out our hands to receive it. Holding out our hands do not earn us the gift, but it is the necessary means to receive that gift.