Star Trek License Plate Offends Canadians

glassjester

From: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-licence-plate-says-message-is-offensive.html

ASIMIL8 is too offensive to indigenous people... say 2 Canadians. Therefore the guy with this plate has to surrender it.

Two people complained about it. Just two. But those two people have the unalienable right to never feel offended by anything, ever. Free speech is dead... in Canada, anyway.

Ironic... the Leftists are so much like the Borg.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nutty.

This one too.

rude-licence-plate-20170324.jpg.size.custom.crop.884x650.jpg

Lorne Grabher of Dartmouth, N.S., shows his personalized licence plate that the provincial government withdrew, saying his surname is offensive to women.
(ANDREW VAUGHAN / THE CANADIAN PRESS)

He had this licence plate since 1991, and in 2016 they determined his sir name was too offensive to women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nutty.

This one too.

rude-licence-plate-20170324.jpg.size.custom.crop.884x650.jpg

[FONT=&]

Lorne Grabher of Dartmouth, N.S., shows his personalized licence plate that the provincial government withdrew, saying his surname is offensive to women.[/FONT]
[FONT=&] (ANDREW VAUGHAN / THE CANADIAN PRESS)

He had this licence plate since 1991, and in 2016 they determined his sir name was too offensive to women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/FONT]

because one woman complained

this got a lot of coverage a few weeks ago

kmoney

Hall of Fame
because one woman complained

this got a lot of coverage a few weeks ago
At least in this case someone seeing a license plate wouldn't know it was someone's name. And after the controversy over Trump's comments about grabbing women maybe the woman thought it was playing off that.

I'm not saying he should be forced to change the license plate but I can understand the complaint in this case a lot more than the ASIMIL8 situation.

ok doser

At least in this case someone seeing a license plate wouldn't know it was someone's name. And after the controversy over Trump's comments about grabbing women maybe the woman thought it was playing off that.

I'm not saying he should be forced to change the license plate but I can understand the complaint in this case a lot more than the ASIMIL8 situation.

to put it in perspective, canada's been coming to terms with its former policy of forced assimilation of indigenous peoples, which as recently as the 1950's was a federal policy (in the residential school system) of "killing the indian in the child"

glassjester

Because the folks that took her seriously instead of laughing her out of town didn't use their brains properly.

What would have happened if he kept the plate? Would the offended women have been hurt? Killed? No. Nothing whatsoever would have happened to her.

I don't understand why the response from the government wasn't just, "Yes, we understand you are offended, but we simply do not care."

glassjester

to put it in perspective, canada's been coming to terms with its former policy of forced assimilation of indigenous peoples, which as recently as the 1950's was a federal policy (in the residential school system) of "killing the indian in the child"

Leftists are trying to force everyone to assimilate.

ok doser

TWENTIETH-CENTURY EDUCATION
FOR NATIVE AMERICANS
RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS

“I want to get rid of the Indian problem. I do not think as a matter of fact, that the country ought to continuously protect a class of people who are able to stand alone… Our objective is to continue until there is not a single Indian in Canada that has not been absorbed into the body politic and there is no Indian question, and no Indian Department, that is the whole object of this Bill.” Dr. Duncan Campbell Scott - 1920

Scott made his mark in Canadian history as the head of the Department of Indian Affairs from 1913 to 1932, a department he had served since joining the federal civil service in 1879.

Even before Confederation, the Canadian government adopted a policy of assimilation (actually, it was the continuation of a policy that British colonial officials had pursued since 1713). The long term goal was to bring the Native peoples from their ‘savage and unproductive state’ and force (English style) civilization upon them, thus making Canada a homogeneous society in the Anglo-Saxon and Christian tradition.

In 1920, under Scott's direction, it became mandatory for all native children between the ages of seven and fifteen to attend one of Canada's Residential Schools.

http://www.danielnpaul.com/IndianResidentialSchools.html

imagine a German in israel with custom plates that read "Gas em"

or an american in japan with plates that read "nuke em" :banana:

or a yankee in the south with plates that read "sherman should have made a second march" :banana::banana:

glassjester

imagine a German in israel with custom plates that read "Gas em"

or an american in japan with plates that read "nuke em" :banana:

Huge difference. Those plates would be referencing killing.

It would be more like an American plate reading "SEGREG8."

ok doser

what's really ironic is that the indigenous Canadians who did assimilate are doing much better than their brothers who didn't