The Drawing Power of the Cross of Christ !

beloved57

Men by nature cannot come to Christ, they dont have the will to or ability Jn 5:40;6:44, however provision was made in the Cross of Christ, His being lifted up, to draw/bring all to Him. Whose the all ? Jn 12:32

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Now many discount , ignore and even deny the scriptural teaching of the drawing or bringing power and force of the Cross of Christ. The Power of the Cross brings all for whom He died unto Himself, reconciles them to God Col1 :20-21

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The word reconcile
d here is the greek word apokatallassō and means:

1. to reconcile completely
  2. to reconcile back again
  3. bring back a former state of harmony

to draw to himself by reconciliation, or so to reconcile that they should be devoted to himself,

They shall hear His voice in the Gospel Jn 10:16. The bringing in Jn 10:16 and the drawing in Jn 12:32 and reconciling in Col 1:21 are relatively the same which describe the power, force of the Cross of Christ. True Believers do know and give full credit to Christ and His Cross for their conversion. Paul writes Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross [lifting up] of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Nanja

Men by nature cannot come to Christ, they dont have the will to or ability Jn 5:40;6:44, however provision was made in the Cross of Christ, His being lifted up, to draw/bring all to Him. Whose the all ? Jn 12:32

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Now many discount , ignore and even deny the scriptural teaching of the drawing or bringing power and force of the Cross of Christ. The Power of the Cross brings all for whom He died unto Himself, reconciles them to God Col1 :20-21

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The word reconcile
d here is the greek word apokatallassō and means:

1. to reconcile completely
  2. to reconcile back again
  3. bring back a former state of harmony

to draw to himself by reconciliation, or so to reconcile that they should be devoted to himself,

They shall hear His voice in the Gospel Jn 10:16, 27. The bringing in Jn 10:16 and the drawing in Jn 12:32 and reconciling in Col 1:21 are relatively the same which describe the power, force of the Cross of Christ. True Believers do know and give full credit to Christ and His Cross for their conversion. Paul writes Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross [lifting up] of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Christ Jesus being lifted up [His Death on the Cross] has the Power to Draw all His Sheep John 10:11 to Himself, which as the result of being given New Birth, they are given ears to hear John 10:16, 27 God's Words John 8:47a, and Saving Faith Gal.5:22. And it's His Sheep which are the all things reconciled unto Himself in Col. 1:20-21, meaning He bore the Wrath of God in their behalf; delivering them from the Wrath to come 1 Thes. 1:10; 5:9.

But those Christ was not lifted up for [goats Mat. 25:41; Mat. 13:38-39] they don't have the will or ability to come to Christ John 5:40; 6:44; remaining permanently under God's wrath and condemnation John 3:18, 36, and so they cannot ever at the same time be reconciled to Christ as those in Col. 1:20-21.

beloved57

The Fruit of Christ's​ death !

What John 12:32 is describing is Jesus own testimony of the fruit of His death. Men and Women that He was lifted up for shall be drawn to Him, or converted. Mans religion teaches that men and women Christ died for can and will remain unconverted to Christ and eventually die in their sins in unbelief, which is contrary to the truth of scripture. It also denies the fruit, power of Christ's death !

Nanja

The Fruit of Christ's​ death !

What John 12:32 is describing is Jesus own testimony of the fruit of His death. Men and Women that He was lifted up for shall be drawn to Him, or converted. Mans religion teaches that men and women Christ died for can and will remain unconverted to Christ and eventually die in their sins in unbelief, which is contrary to the truth of scripture. It also denies the fruit, power of Christ's death !

Exactly !

Christ's Death is 100% successful in drawing the segment of humanity which are His Seed Eph. 1:4-5 / His Sheep to Himself 1 Pet. 2:25.

But all the rest of humanity Christ was not lifted up for, so neither does He draw. For they are of a different posterity John 8:44.

beloved57

They follow Christ !

Those Christ draws to Himself because He was lifted for them Jn 12:32 shall follow Him, thats the purpose of drawing them unto Him

Jesus identifies the all for whom He draws to Himself in Jn 10 as His Own Sheep that He calls by their names. Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

The words here putteth forth are important, they are the greek word ekballō which mean:

1. to draw out with force, tear out

This is similar to the word draw the greek word helkō meaning:
    1. metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And when He putteth forth His own sheep they follow Him Jn 10:4 and they hear His voice.

Those being drawn in Jn 12:32 are hearing the voice of their Shepherd and they follow Him !

Last edited:

Nanja

They follow Christ !

Those Christ draws to Himself because He was lifted for them Jn 12:32 shall follow Him, thats the purpose of drawing them unto Him

Jesus identifies the all for whom He draws to Himself in Jn 10 as His Own Sheep that He calls by their names. Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

The words here putteth forth are important, they are the greek word ekballō which mean:

1. to draw out with force, tear out

This is similar to the word draw the greek word helkō meaning:
    1. metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And when He putteth forth His own sheep they follow Him Jn 10:4 and they hear His voice.

Those being drawn in Jn 12:32 are hearing the voice of their Shepherd and they follow Him !

Amen ! The Sheep Christ was lifted up for [His Death for them] shall be drawn to Him by an Inward Power by force to follow their Shepherd, and Hear His Voice as a result of them being Born of the Spirit of God John 8:47a.

beloved57

The all that Christ shall draw to Himself, are all the many He gave Himself a ransom for Matt 20:28;Mk 10:45 which is comprised of some of all sorts, types, and classes, none precluded. This is collaborated with Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

These He drawed to Him by the power of His Cross !​

beloved57

The drawing power of the Cross is the irresistible grace that brings men to faith in Christ. All for whom Christ died will be given spiritual life[through Him] which irresistibly causes them to approach Him in Faith Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

beloved57

When God draws and individual as in Jn 6:44 or Jn 12:32 God opens up their understanding to spiritual things, to the truth of God, which man naturally cannot do 1 Cor 2:14, Also God gives them a new spirtual heart with spiritual desires and affections which impel them to Christ, to believe in Him and follow Him, and without such drawing, man naturally would never believe in Him, nor could believe in Him.