The long nightmare has ended. Trump leaves the White House

chair

My concern is that we'll have a repeat of this in 4 years. Not Trump again- but somebody like him.

Donald Trump's success was partly a reaction to the Obama years. Biden's election victory is a reaction to Trump. Biden is likely to be too left wing, and may trigger another Trump-type reaction.

My hope is that the reaction to Biden will lead to a more reasonable Republican candidate, and this cycle of extremes will be broken.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My concern is that we'll have a repeat of this in 4 years. Not Trump again- but somebody like him.

Donald Trump's success was partly a reaction to the Obama years. Biden's election victory is a reaction to Trump. Biden is likely to be too left wing, and may trigger another Trump-type reaction.

My hope is that the reaction to Biden will lead to a more reasonable Republican candidate, and this cycle of extremes will be broken.
The problem stems from the fact that the two principal parties in this country gave us a choice between two unqualified candidates in 2008. This was repeated in 2016. And compounded in 2020 by the election of the most unqualified candidate running.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

One thing I'll say for Trump, he showed how delicate the framework of our republic is. There were some specific places where it held, thankfully, one of them being the post-election judicial branch, another the military resisting getting pulled into a martial law scenario.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It truly is the end of an error.
Amusing ...

... if you ignore the fact that the nuclear launch codes are now in the hands of a man who couldn't remember the name of the president he served under as vice president for eight years, a man whose cognitive decline is obvious to anybody who has worked with patients with that affliction.

So, the end of an error, the beginning of a catastrophe.

God help us all.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Like a cancer, the tumor has been removed. Now it’s a matter of making sure it never returns. Hopefully social media will continue doing their part.

Hopefully media will do their part. Trump's been their bread and butter since he came down the elevator in 2015. I'd love nothing better than to see him recede into irrelevancy.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Serving as an amplifier for the voices of the retarded and the insane?

Until Twitter took away his voice...

Donald-J-Trump-Twitter-account-suspended-8-January-2021-1-800x457.png