ECT THE PROTESTANT SECTS & THE QUESTION OF DOCTRINAL AUTHORITY

Cruciform

12508783_971088819627664_7694137275250480581_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So dead to sin only means what cruciform says it means. Got it.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Under the category of things Jesus never said:

Venerate my mother as coredemptrix for salvation flows through her.
Pay me some money and I will give you an indulgence that forgives your sins.
If your good enough, I will die for the forgiveness of most of your sins. But since I can't die for all your sins, I will send you to a penalty box called purgatory where you can pay for your sins till I think you've paid enough.
Any tradition you create that you think makes sense is okay with me.
The Body of Christ has authority over salvation.

SaulToPaul 2

The RCC bears zero resemblance to the church of Matthew 16, but rather bears a great resemblance to Baal worship and the Pharisees of the first century.

Cruciform

Addressed here.

Your ignorance is showing (again). The selling of indulgences was a regional medieval abuse of the Christian doctrine of indulgences, one which was corrected at the time. Your statement here directly misrepresents the actual teaching of the Catholic Church. Your latest Straw Man Fallacy, however, is noted.

If your good enough, I will die for the forgiveness of most of your sins. But since I can't die for all your sins, I will send you to a penalty box called purgatory where you can pay for your sins till I think you've paid enough.

More ignorance on your part. You can't deal with Catholicism as it is, and so are forced to resort to Straw Man rhetoric in order to at least seem to your fellow equally-uninformed Protestants like you have some sort of valid argument. Truly pathetic.

Any tradition you create that you think makes sense...

You must be thinking of your own Protestant traditions of men, such as sola scriptura, anti-sacramentalism, sola fide, "believers-only" baptism, etc. Try again.

Post your proof. (Wait for it...)

(Note also that---as is his custom---CM was utterly incapable of in any way disproving or even offering any substantive response to the actual content of the OP.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

john w

Hall of Fame

Any tradition you create that you think makes sense is okay with me.

Another, obviously, scriptural doctrine, from the religious prostitute, known as The Roman Catholic Organization:

Funny-Church-Signs-16.jpg

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Catholic unity is an utter sham, they agree because they never speak to each other....they bow to the pope and live like the very devil himself.

Cruciform

Catholic unity is an utter sham, they agree because they never speak to each other....they bow to the pope and live like the very devil himself.
The entirely non-authoritative opinions that you have been fed by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted. :yawn:

Cruciform

Oh, OK, Ash Wednesday is not part of Catholic Doctrine!
It is also part of Lutheran, Episcopalian, and Methodist doctrine. In any case, go ahead and cite the biblical text that states that "Everything that a Christian believes and does must be spelled out explicitly---by name---in the Bible." Chapter-and-verse, please.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is also part of Lutheran, Episcopalian, and Methodist doctrine. In any case, go ahead and cite the biblical text that states that "Everything that a Christian believes and does must be spelled out explicitly---by name---in the Bible." Chapter-and-verse, please.

2 Timothy 3:16. Oh that's right. You won't accept it since it advocates Sola Scriptura.

Cruciform

2 Timothy 3:16. Oh that's right. You won't accept it since it advocates Sola Scriptura.
The issue has nothing whatsoever to do with sola scriptura, nor does 2 Tim. 3:16. Try again?

You, then, admit that there simply IS no biblical text which demands that "Everything that Christians believe and do must be spelled out explicitly in the Bible." Therefore, your demand to be shown where in the Bible the term "Ash Wednesday" appears is itself entirely unbiblical. You have simply refuted yourself.