TheologyOnLine fellowship week 04-20-2003 - 04-27-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ANNOUNCING THE FIRST ANNUAL TOL FELLOWSHIP/FRIENDSHIP WEEK

OK, here we go! Starting Sunday April 20th until Sunday April27th we are going to have the FIRST annual TOL friendship/fellowship week!

For one whole week we are going to discourage debate and ENCOURGE saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other.

No topics are out of bounds as long as your "nice" to each other. :)

Hopefully we will do this once a year every year for an entire week.

TheologyOnLine is the ONE Christian site on the internet that encourges spirited debate and even down right "in your face" arguing. However, for ONE WEEK we are going to take a break and be nice to each other. This doesn't mean you have to accept some perverted world view or idiotic logic, it just means you need to find a more creative way of responding in which you are more "loving" or more "civil".

After the fellowship week is over, it's business as usual: mocking, rebuke, debate, arguing etc can come back in all their glory.

So get ready because friendship/fellowship week starts this Sunday (Resurrection Sunday) April 20th.

<center><applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://theologyonline.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2003>
<param name="month" value=4>
<param name="day" value=19>
<param name="hour" value=24>
</applet></center>

Days, hours, minutes until the 1st annual TheologyOnLine Friendship-Fellowship week begins.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: TheologyOnLine fellowship week 04-20-2003 - 04-27-2003

Originally posted by Knight
ANNOUNCING THE FIRST ANNUAL TOL FELLOWSHIP/FRIENDSHIP WEEK

OK, here we go! Starting Sunday April 20th until Sunday April27th we are going to have the FIRST annual TOL friendship/fellowship week!

For one whole week we are going to discourage debate and ENCOURGE saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other.

No topics are out of bounds as long as your "nice" to each other. :)

Hopefully we will do this once a year every year for an entire week.

TheologyOnLine is the ONE Christian site on the internet that encourges spirited debate and even down right "in your face" arguing. However, for ONE WEEK we are going to take a break and be nice to each other. This doesn't mean you have to accept some perverted world view or idiotic logic, it just means you need to find a more creative way of responding in which you are more "loving" or more "civil".

After the fellowship week is over, it's business as usual: mocking, rebuke, debate, arguing etc can come back in all their glory.

So get ready because friendship/fellowship week starts this Sunday (Resurrection Sunday) April 20th.
WHAT!!!??!! Everything we have to say has to be something nice?? Oh NO!! I won't make it. Well, Maybe if I can get all my shots in this week, I just might last.
Knight.. I think your new avatar is dumb!!
j/k:D ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: TheologyOnLine fellowship week 04-20-2003 - 04-27-2003

Originally posted by Poly

WHAT!!!??!! Everything we have to say has to be something nice?? Oh NO!! I won't make it. Well, Maybe if I can get all my shots in this week, I just might last.
I just think we all need to take a break (not from posting of course) but from the intense emmotional strain of debating. Some might call this an official follow-up to last years "love-fest". :D

A week of fellowship is just what the Dr. ordered!

P.S. "Strong Bad" Rocks!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it's a great idea really. I'll have to get an especially "nice" looking avatar for that week. I gotta start looking. Maybe I'll get one of Robert Shulller.:D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Goose
I'm gonna be Bob Ross, the painter.
LOL.. that's a good one. My mom used to tape all of his shows. I used to wish just once he'd raise his voice about something.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm thinking about maybe Carol Brady or June Cleaver.

Hey if somebody is mean can we make them pay a $ to TOL?:D

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You'll just have to get it out of your system by the 19th, Poly. :D

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've got a good avatar if I didn't delete it when I deleted AOL. :D

ibowatjesusfeet

Cosmic Redneck
In honor of The First Annual Fellowship/Friendship Week, here a few of my favorite bible verses:

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger"

Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones"

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it's a great idea really. I'll have to get an especially "nice" looking avatar for that week. I gotta start looking. Maybe I'll get one of Robert Shulller.:D
ROTFL.... :D

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

WHAT!!!??!! Everything we have to say has to be something nice?? Oh NO!! I won't make it.
I won't make it either.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: TheologyOnLine fellowship week 04-20-2003 - 04-27-2003

Re: Re: Re: TheologyOnLine fellowship week 04-20-2003 - 04-27-2003

Originally posted by Jefferson
I won't make it either.
Civil, will be the key!

It will be a good change of pace for all of us!

Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." - Romans 12:20

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
I like the idea though I'll probably get banned the first day :crackup:
Hey, I plan on making it through. So if I can, you can.;)

Freak

Hey, I plan on making it through. So if I can, you can.;)

Well since your a moderator...no worries....but having been banned three times I have reason for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.