This lawyer's headed for hell.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

I'm not glad lawyers exist.
The job of the defense attorney is to protect the rights of his client within proscribed ethical boundaries established in canon. The job of the prosecuting attorney is to pursue conviction within the measure of the law and canon. The job of the judge is to see that due process is served and/or to decide the facts of the case if no jury is empanelled. Else, his job will be to preside over that process, to keep the lawyers within bounds and to explain to a jury of peers, who will sit in judgment on the facts, their obligations before the law.

When everyone in that process does their jobs justice will likely be served. The lawyer's only mistake was to appear on Tucker's show. To say the lawyer is hell bound is just irresponsible nonsense. To say you're not glad that lawyers exist is simply to propound an ignorant bias.

But that's your right. A right framed by and protected by the people you don't like. Go figure.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I saw this on You-Tube earlier this morning and what stood out to me was the fact that this Attorney claimed, not to KNOW the character of the accused rapist, however, was assuming he KNEW the character of the alleged victim.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Attorney appeared anxious, sweaty and looked as if he felt very disturbed about what he was doing. He's going to have to PROVE that the rape was consensual, however, it appears (according to witnesses) that the girl was screaming and claimed to have been raped after her ordeal. The Attorney will also have to go after the "character" of the 14-year-old Girl. The two defendants are seventeen and eighteen years old and at least one of them was an illegal immigrant.

SaulToPaul 2

The job of the defense attorney is to protect the rights of his client within proscribed ethical boundaries established in cannon. The job of the prosecuting attorney is to pursue conviction within the measure of the law and cannon. The job of the judge is to see that due process is served and/or to decide the facts of the case if no jury is empanelled. Else, his job will be to preside over that process, to keep the lawyers within bounds and to explain to a jury of peers, who will sit in judgment on the facts, their obligations before the law.

When everyone in that process does their jobs justice will likely be served. The lawyer's only mistake was to appear on Tucker's show. To say the lawyer is hell bound is just irresponsible nonsense. To say you're not glad that lawyers exist is simply to propound an ignorant bias.

But that's your right. A right framed by and protected by the people you don't like. Go figure.

Am I going to hell for being a fan of Perry Mason?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I saw this on You-Tube earlier this morning and what stood out to me was the fact that this Attorney claimed, not to KNOW the character of the accused rapist, however, was assuming he KNEW the character of the alleged victim.

right - an amoral scumbag

fire up the woodchipper :sibbie:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
lawyers are inherently amoral

Not if you're smart enough to understand what you're talking about...

english can be hard for new learners

a·mor·al
āˈmôrəl/
adjective
adjective: amoral

lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.

The job of the defense attorney is to protect the rights of his client within proscribed ethical boundaries established in cannon. The job of the prosecuting attorney is to pursue conviction within the measure of the law and cannon.

nothing in there about the rightness or wrongness of defending a guilty person :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lawyers are meant to go strictly by law, and not justice.
Rather, when lawyers do their duty before the law it is in the service of justice.

Justice is blind when it comes to the law.
That's a perversion of the idiom. What "Justice is blind" means is that she is blind to power and its influence. All men stand equal in right and presumption before her and the law.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rather, when lawyers do their duty before the law it is in the service of justice.
How could it possibly be justice when a lawyer doesn't even question his client if he actually committed the crime?

If it were about justice, and a defense lawyer knew his client to be guilty, then it would not be JUSTICE to defend him.

That's a perversion of the idiom. What "Justice is blind" means is that she is blind to power and its influence. All men stand equal in right and presumption before her and the law.
What hinders the justice of it all is that she is also blind to status and privilege and the favors being passed around (I scratch your back, you scratch mine).
Those with more money are always going to have a better case because they can afford to hire folks to investigate, search records, give interviews, paperwork, etc.
That's not justice either.