TOL Radio: The Great TOL Music Experiment

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

What would happen if you started a radio station and you picked a variety of DJ's who were conservative Christians, liberal Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Hindu, Bhuddists, Pagan, Wiccans, and a few other odds and ends? What kind of playlist would you end up with? We are about to find out!

Welcome to the Great TOL Music Experiment! This will allow us to share with each other our musical interests.

A lot of discussion on TOL revolves around music i.e., "what are you listening to now?" or "what are you favorite bands of all time?" etc. It's time that we shared our musical interests with each other in a more robust way.

Therefore for those that are interested in participating here is how it will work. Simple overview: "DJ's" will create an account at Blip.fm (select a username that reflects who you are here at TOL). You will then go to TOL's Blip page and click "add to favorites". I will review those who have "favorited" TOL and favorite you back which will then intermingle your play-list with the main TOL playlist. This will create a mash-up of all of our favorite sings and bands etc. It will be really cool! I will also make a little player for the TOL home page so you can easily listen to TOL radio.

Step by Step Instructions:

1. Create a account at Blip.fm
Make your usename be something that reflects who you are here at TOL, otherwise I might ignore your "favorite" request.
Helpful hint: After registering at Blip.fm change your password (they assign you a password upon registration and it's impossible to remember).

2. Go to the TOL Blip Page.

3. From the TOL Blip page click "add to favorites"

4. Start adding songs to your blip account.
After we have "favorited" you in return, your songs will automatically be played in the TOL list.

5. Every song that a TOL DJ blips will be turned into a thread in the TOL Radio forum.

6. Listen to TOL Radio!

ITEMS TO CONSIDER:

- Please don't add profane of vile songs to your playlist, if you do add such material we will be forced to un-favorite you and your songs will no longer be on TOL Radio.

- Please don't add a million songs at once. We want the playlist to be a nice "mix" of TOL interests, therefore if you add to many songs all at once there wont be a "DJ" variety.

- Please don't add too many songs from the same artist/band. Lets strive for variety!

- Please ignore this experiement if it doesn't interest you. What does all of this have to do with theology? Nothing! So if you are not interested in participating..... don't.

- Post in this thread if you are participating and let me know what your username on Blip is. I am getting a lot of favorite requests and I don't want to add anyone unless they are TOLers.

- Have fun! This is for fun and fellowship, nothing more.... nothing less.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh and just so y'all know.... none of this costs any money and TOL doesn't make anything for doing any of this. It's all just for fun.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I knew you would say that! My user name-password list is getting sooo long. :chuckle:

Do you have to own the music to add it? Chickenfoot's album is not out yet.
Nope... all the music is already there. You just search for songs and then "blip" them.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's why it's good to pick out a username and password that you can use on multiple sites. If it's free, what difference does it make? :idunno:

drbrumley

Yeah I was looking for some hard to find songs. Found some.

This is pretty cool Knight. Props for finding it.