toldailytopic: Are there many paths to God?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 22nd, 2013 06:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Charity

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Theirs beaten Tracks all over the place :)

noguru

Yes, but they all converge at Jesus and its a straight shot from there.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. In fact, all paths lead to God. But only one path leads to life.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
GuySmiley said:
Yes, all paths lead to God, but some for salvation and some for judgement.

Good answer!

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

PureX

As many as there are people to walk them, I would think. I can't imagine why God would deny anyone access.

I remember years ago reading a journal entry written by Thomas Merton in which he was sitting quietly in a work shed at the monastery and listening to the birds singing outside. As he listened, he was thinking about the amazing variety of songs he was hearing and from that began to contemplate the wonder of creation and awsomeness of The Creator. So that for Thomas Merton, on that day in that place, this was his 'pathway to God'.

These pathways to the Divine are everywhere, and open to all of us, if we can just take a moment, wherever we are, and allow ourselves to become aware of them.

bybee

As many as there are people to walk them, I would think. I can't imagine why God would deny anyone access.

I remember years ago reading a journal entry written by Thomas Merton in which he was sitting quietly in a work shed at the monastery and listening to the birds singing outside. As he listened, he was thinking about the amazing variety of songs he was hearing and from that began to contemplate the wonder of creation and awsomeness of The Creator. So that for Thomas Merton, on that day in that place, this was his 'pathway to God'.

These pathways to the Divine are everywhere, and open to all of us, if we can just take a moment, wherever we are, and allow ourselves to become aware of them.
Lovely response!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I can't imagine why God would deny anyone access.

Because they chose to deny God's clear instructions?

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Buzzword

He/she who seeks, finds.

There is but one path (selflessness), but there are many different names for that path.