toldailytopic: Gay-marriage ban is ruled unconstitutional.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 7th, 2012 12:04 PM

marriage.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is it a surprise to anyone? I mean really?

It is sad, unfortunate, and evil...but I cannot say I'm surprised.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This ain't the end of it, of course. Bigotry doesn't really end until its practitioners die off.

What's to follow? More litigation, more of the very same arguments back and forth, more of both sides repeating themselves.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
This ain't the end of it, of course. Bigotry doesn't really end until its practitioners die off.

What's to follow? More litigation, more of the very same arguments back and forth, more of both sides repeating themselves.

Good point Satanist.

Being that 1-4% of the current population is truly bigoted, and that they won't reproduce, it will only be a matter of time before they "die off".

Oops, I forgot the recruitment of 12 year old boys by the homosexual movement; so it could take longer.

Paulos

Based on this post, I assume that your loyalites are in the sodomite camp, instead of God's?

Yet you call yourself a Christian.

1 Cor 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges.​

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Cor 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges.​

Clete made a post awhile back on righteous judgment; I believe it was from a Bob Enyart thread.

Does anyone have that information available?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 7th, 2012 12:04 PM

It's America that has lost on this one. The perverts chip away and demand more and more 'rights'. Soon they'll be screaming to be married in any church they want and pervert missionaries will whine to be funded by any church they want ,and who give hoot if the pastor and his congregation agrees with the perversion or not. That is where we are headed with this. Those that know it is a perversion won't have any say in this issue any longer.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
They also ruled that there was no evidence the judge in the original ruling striking down Prop 8 was biased.

For those of you not familar with Judge Vaughn Walker:

"The biggest open secret in the landmark trial over same-sex marriage being heard in San Francisco is that the federal judge who will decide the case, Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker, is himself gay."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/07/BACF1BT7ON.DTL

A biased pervert. Again: Who would have thunk?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is it a surprise to anyone? I mean really?

It is sad, unfortunate, and evil...but I cannot say I'm surprised.
I'm not all that surprised either, VegasCowboy.

Truth is, even if the government of this country deems them married, God will not.

Quasar1011

How did Prop 8 "ban" gay marriage exactly? Was it a law? Or was it an amendment to the Cailfornia Constitution?

Also, the news article states, "A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled 2-1 Tuesday that a lower court judge interpreted the U.S. Constitution correctly..."

Where does the U.S. Constitution mention marriages?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is just another reason why we need conservative judges
and
the only way to get them is to vote republican

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How did Prop 8 "ban" gay marriage exactly? Was it a law? Or was it an amendment to the Cailfornia Constitution?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008)

Also, the news article states, "A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled 2-1 Tuesday that a lower court judge interpreted the U.S. Constitution correctly..."

Where does the U.S. Constitution mention marriages?

It doesn't. In order to correctly interpret the US Constitution, you'd have to understand the mindset of the Founding Fathers who wrote it.

Regarding the subject of homosexuality, this is how they felt about it:

http://lasalettejourney.blogspot.com/2009/07/founding-fathers-and-homosexuality.html