toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws s

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
yes if only to remind others that we can do something about abortion
and
voting republican is not the only thing you can do about it
but
it must be the first thing that you do about it

Letsargue

How can it be the Christian’s PLACE to make LAWS, or support Laws??? – That’s not what Christ said to His Decuples!! – It’s none of the Christian’s business what the World does; - we try to take the fools out of that foolish world, but they don’t want to go Today!! --- ( Satan says to his decuples, to Rule the world for him, and it’s YOURS )!!! -- YOU Have it Now!!! --- YOU ALL Know that!!!!

Paul – 041913

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?

Seeing as how not a single one of those laws guarantees saving a single child it is not wise to fight for such laws.

Why would one fight for a law that stated you could murder someone with a Smith & Wesson, but not a Walther? That wouldn't save a single victim.

And in the case of abortion many of these laws increase abortion; because when people who might want to do something hear they can't do it one way but they can do it another it raises the desire and they become in more of a hurry to get it done.

and
but
I no longer believe you're stupid; I'm now working from the assumption you are completely wicked, pro-abortion and anti-Christ.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2013 05:00 AM

There is something so wrong about this. It's letting the camel get his nose in the tent. It's dealing with the devil. There should not have been any abortion the first place. Is a pro-life never strategy. Regulating murder doesn't prevent murder. They just come up with more creative ways of murdering 'with in the law'. Let's just ban all aboortion out right and be done with it. Personhood America has the right idea. Guys like Focus on the Family's Daley have it all wrong. Deal with the devil and the devil wins every time.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There is something so wrong about this. It's letting the camel get his nose in the tent. It's dealing with the devil. There should not have been any abortion the first place. Is a pro-life never strategy. Regulating murder doesn't prevent murder. They just come up with more creative ways of murdering 'with in the law'. Let's just ban all aboortion out right and be done with it. Personhood America has the right idea. Guys like Focus on the Family's Daley have it all wrong. Deal with the devil and the devil wins every time.
It seems people have forgotten what happened when we tried appeasing Hitler.

Give them an inch, they want a mile...

Letsargue

don't worry paul
we will take care of it

YES!!!! – You sure have started saving the world with your foolish ( VOTE ). – I’ll just let God do His “WILL” in spite of your lack of Faith, and Knowledge of Christ.

The ((( WISDOM IS ))); -- “Preach the Word”!! -- The “WORD” is the Power, not your fighting vote of the hatred of Satan!!! – That’s falling right into the HANDS of the devil, and out of GOD’S HAND Jesus Christ!!!! – Happy are ye!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul – 041913

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
YES!!!! – You sure have started saving the world with your foolish ( VOTE ). – I’ll just let God do His “WILL” in spite of your lack of Faith, and Knowledge of Christ.

the real test here
is
what you do with your free will

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It seems people have forgotten what happened when we tried appeasing Hitler.

Give them an inch, they want a mile...
Exactly. Deal with the enemy on an immoral issue like this and you will lose every time. Lets look at it this way--compromise with abortionists can be likened to secret ingredient--cow manure. We are baking sweet cookies and I add a little bit of cow manure to the mix. Are you going to want to eat those cookies? Of course not. That is exactly was compromise with abortionists is doing--poisoning the efforts to end abortion.

Letsargue

Pro-Life (( IS Pro-Christ the Life )) - There is NO OTHER Life!!! - All other is to be Antichrist!!! --- Ye are happy though!!!

Paul -- 041913

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You have NO FREE "WILL"!!! -- The "WILL" is Gods, and He only gave you the choice of Life. - Satan gave you DEATH!!!! - Remember, - Death reigns again!!!!

Paul -- 041913

many will not understand what you say
because
you do not understand the meaning of the words you are using

Letsargue

many will not understand what you say
because
you do not understand the meaning of the words you are using

HEY!!!!! --- That’s Cool!!! – Ye are Happy; Satan is happy, ---- and I don’t CARE!!!! – It’s your world not mine!!!

Paul – 041913

PureX

I think the problem is that because of the blinding indignation that's so often generated by the anti-abortion cause and rational, people become unable or unwilling to consider the tangential issues on their own merits. So that they end up holding to sometimes wildly irrational positions simply because they are remotely related to the general subject of female reproduction. And then the politicians, who are governed by forces that have nothing whatever to do with common sense, fairness, human rights, or morality, end up passing legislation that is sometimes bizarre, often ridiculous, and usually counter-productive.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?

No. It's not wise. If you're going to fight, you should fight to win. You should not fight to draw. If you fight to draw the opposition will definitely win.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Economically... no, I think it's going to cost more than it will be worth (the powers of the laws gained), and many governors seem to have noticed (the pro-life ones).

Ideologically is it worth it? If that's what you believe, have at it, that's the beauty of a democracy.

To those who are for murdering abortion doctors though, or are impartial to it, I have no respect for you, I actually dislike you.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and
but

Good thread

Granite

Hall of Fame
Something is better than nothing. Many within the pro-life movement seem to want to slice their noses (and allow the deaths of children) out of a depraved sense of spite.

Oh, and if you really want to reduce abortion rates, make birth control cheap, accessible, and not a subject of scorn, shame, or prohibition.