toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they change their mind about wanting to be with God in heaven?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Tehmill

The work of salvation in the soul is irrovocable, we are in God's hands for good or ill in this life. Whether we attain to rewards or loss in the next age is another matter but our salvation rest upon God who cannot lie.

We have therefore only encouragement to do well and to be well pleasing before our Father who has lavished His love upon us.

bybee

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they change their mind about wanting to be with God in heaven?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

God is merciful. His mercy endureth forever. I've been thinking about this lately. Once one is truly saved one is a new person. I don't see how one could then become an "un-new" person?
It is likely, should this appear to happen that some sort of mental illness is/has occurred?
We finite, fallible humans make allowances for mental illness. Surely, in a much larger context of understanding, God does the same?
God does know His own.
We only know the claim of salvation made by another person. It is not for us to judge. We must, of course, weigh the words and deeds of others in the balance of our fellowship opportunities.
I suspect that, OFTEN! the appearance of salvation masquerades and parades itself amongst us whilst all the while doing the Devil's work.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
People seem to appreciate God mightily for their freedom, why would he take that away in the next life? Why would he even make you into a new person if the person you were attained grace?

:think:

I think that any loving creator would grant the ability to make a bad choice or peace, there isn't much reason to stay in heaven excluding the reward, surely an all-powerful god can give eternal rest?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Amen Pat, I have no reps to sed at the mo.

We are made one spirit with the Lord, that is what happens when we is saved, so if the Lord can be damned at the last, how unthinkable this is, then so could we.

genuineoriginal

Once a person is saved? When exactly does that happen?
A person is saved after passing the trial of his faith, and receives the goal of his faith, the salvation of his soul at the second appearing of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:6-9
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​

What kind of person would remain faithful to Jesus until His coming, through every tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, poverty, peril, and mortal danger, and then reject Jesus after He appears?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

While some may argue that it is at least theoretically possible, in that we have the freedom of will, I find it impossible to believe anyone who has God in their life would ever desire to leave Him.

PureX

Of course they can. Salvation is not a magic spell, it's a state of being. It's offered by grace, to everyone, but it's received by choice. Fortunately, it's not a one-time offer. It's a standing offer. All we ever have to do is be willing to accept it.

PureX

God is merciful. His mercy endureth forever. I've been thinking about this lately. Once one is truly saved one is a new person. I don't see how one could then become an "un-new" person?
It is likely, should this appear to happen that some sort of mental illness is/has occurred?

I think all human beings are fundamentally crazy. It's why we need saved in the first place. And although I agree that it's hard to imagine why someone would deny that salvation, I think it does happen. Just as we are changed into a new person, we can be changed again, I suppose.
We finite, fallible humans make allowances for mental illness. Surely, in a much larger context of understanding, God does the same?
God does know His own.
We only know the claim of salvation made by another person. It is not for us to judge. We must, of course, weigh the words and deeds of others in the balance of our fellowship opportunities.
I suspect that, OFTEN! the appearance of salvation masquerades and parades itself amongst us whilst all the while doing the Devil's work.
Maybe it's important to understand that salvation is not always total and immediate, for everyone. It's not a magic spell.

Wile E. Coyote

It doesn't matter if they can reject salvation. Christ CANNOT reject them. This is the issue. One thing remains: His love NEVER fails!

Timotheos

Right now I believe (I'm in flux) that we are saved, that is, we obtain eternal life from Jesus Christ when He returns on Judgment Day, the last day. Since we have eternal life on that day, and there is no more death after that day, no we could not lose our salvation even if we wanted to. I believe the Bible says that we have to persevere until the end. So it is probably possible to lose out on eternal life by rejecting God before the end.

The Glory Land

If I am Saved, how can I get lost again? Now if I am lost, than I am or was always lost, and never was Saved.

eternman.jpg

Timotheos

If I am Saved, how can I get lost again? Now if I am lost, than I am or was always lost, and never was Saved.

Good question, but I know that I have been literally lost more than one time. (On one hunting trip, I got lost three times in one day.)

So would it also be possible to be spiritually lost, spiritually found, and then spiritually lose my way again?

The Glory Land

Good question, but I know that I have been literally lost more than one time. (On one hunting trip, I got lost three times in one day.)

So would it also be possible to be spiritually lost, spiritually found, and then spiritually lose my way again?

You are lost still you're Saved, almost Saved don't count sorry.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The theory looks good on paper, but Christ will never reject you.

There are those out there that attend church and become instructed inthe way of Christianity. They become 'enlightened' and 'tasted' the gift as Hebrew 6:4-6 says.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

They had a taste but they were not transformed by the experience. These are non-committal believers--and the churches are full of them. They have even made a profession of faith, but did not experience genuine saving faith.

In my own life I was transformed. I am the atheist that never will happen because of my life experiences as a believer. I see the world through the eyes of a Christian because of this transformation. It isn't just a taste--it's complete submersion. It is a change that cannot be reversed.

John 5:24 -Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Salvation is to recognise God as Father. Rejecting your salvation would be like denying you have a father.

That said, I doubt that someone determined to not be with their Father would be forced by God to be so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are granted eternal life, then you cannot lose it; because if you could, it was never eternal to begin with.