toldailytopic: What do you collect?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 16th, 2013 06:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Infractions? :idunno:

Dust from sitting in front of this computer all day?

Enmity from those who blame me for the actions of others?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Decorative pillows, table linens, rugs and foot stools. I was going to get rid of a bunch of table linens so I put them in the garage on a bench. After about 3 weeks they ended up back in the house. :) man am I glad I didn't get rid of them they are beautiful.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Here is a footstool that I did in needlepoint and was the beginning of my fascination with them.
552-1.jpg

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Interesting question. What do I collect?
  • Wooden and mechanical pencils, and fountain pens (500+).
  • Books and commentaries on the book of Psalms.
  • Lots of material for nursing home ministry.
  • I had lots of Bibles, so I reduced it to 4-5, the others were sold.
  • A miscellaneous collection of one or two items that I consider important, like the book "Decade of Daring" (Knight knows about that book), and the "Mighty Midgets" (race cars silly, race cars).
  • One photo of each of the winners (selected years) of the Indianapolis 500 from 1911 to 1964, 1990; and photos of some owners/drivers that I personally knew who raced at Indy, Jim Malloy, Johnny Tolan, Buzz Osborn, Jerry Unser, Mel Kenyon, to name a few.
  • Lots of Richard Petty stuff.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't collect. I accumulate.
Old science books
Slide rules
Old cameras
Toad and Frog figurines
Old science equipment microscopes, astrolabes, etc.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 16th, 2013 06:00 AM

1. Art Glass Paperweights.
2. Antlered Deer and Elk Themed art and collectibles--Antler furniture items as well.
3. Dolls
6. Steam Train figurines and models.
7. Collectible spoons.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Tabletop Role Playing and wargame rules/games. Haven't played one in a LONG time, but I buy them pretty often still. Have way too many.

Also musical instruments I guess, I have 3 bass guitars, 3 guitars, a baritone uke tuned like a bass (1 octave higher), a djembe drum, bongos, 10 or so harmonicas, a mandolin, 2 didgeridoos, a native-american flute, probably forgetting some.

Bibles, I'd guess I have 15-ish.
Other books too.

I have maybe 13? guns.

All kinds of craft stuff, I have way to much "stuff ", too many hobbies I never really pursue.