toldailytopic: Would you ever consider being a space tourist?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 20th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

fool

Hall of Fame
I doubt I could ever afford to be the tourist but I would ship out to build the thing any time they decide they want a middle aged, completely unqualified, heavy smoker/drinker that's gauranteed to puke in his helmet.

Buzzword

For millions of dollars ... in a New York minute.

This.

Especially once they figure out how to build a ramp big enough to let spacecraft go from horizontal to vertical during launch instead of having to sit vertically on the launchpad.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Sure, I'd go. Sounds like fun.

I don't believe I'd pay more than a couple hundred dollars though.

What do you suppose that would get me?

A football helmet and a really big slingshot?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope--I have no desire to travel in space.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Consider it? There is nothing to consider! I would do it in a heart beat. If it includes a space walk, so much the better.

Afford it? Ah, well, that is another story. Though, if it included the space walk, might be worth selling the kids...

bybee

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 20th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Well, I'm already considered a "Space Cadet" by some people so, perhaps, a sojourn in space would be a logical step for me?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What if Earth needed you to go to Mars?
What if it only pretended it needed you to because you got on everyone's nerves? :think:

I like the idea. A good starting point for getting outside of our reliance on Sol. Starr seed. That's the ticket. :D