Trump supporters: turning pro-choice?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Conservatives are rebelling against wearing masks to the point that they are chanting the abortion rights chant, "My body, my choice!" Question for the anti-choice crowd: Is this a good idea for your cause?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
[h=1]If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says[/h]
It sounds too good to be true. But a compelling new study and computer model provide fresh evidence for a simple solution to help us emerge from this nightmarish lockdown. The formula? Always social distance in public and, most importantly, wear a mask.
If you’re wondering whether to wear or not to wear, consider this.The day before yesterday, 21 people died of COVID-19 in Japan. In the United States, 2,129 died. Comparing overall death rates for the two countries offers an even starker point of comparison with total U.S. deaths now at a staggering 76,032 and Japan’s fatalities at 577. Japan’s population is about 38% of the U.S., but even adjusting for population, the Japanese death rate is a mere 2% of America’s.
This comes despite Japan having no lockdown, still-active subways, and many businesses that have remained open
—reportedly including karaoke bars, although Japanese citizens and industries are practicing social distancing where they can. Nor have the Japanese broadly embraced contact tracing, a practice by which health authorities identify someone who has been infected and then attempt to identify everyone that person might have interacted with—and potentially infected.

-- https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/masks-covid-19-infections-would-plummet-new-study-says

Aimiel

Wearing masks weakens your immune system. I haven't donned a mask, deal with the public every day; haven't gotten sick once.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Wearing masks weakens your immune system. I haven't donned a mask, deal with the public every day; haven't gotten sick once.

So you have taken the pro-choice abortion side of the issue. Figures.

Wearing a mask is more to protect other people from getting the virus from you than it is to protect you from getting it from others or picking it up in the environment. You could have the virus without symptoms, but still be contagious for up to 2 weeks (average 5 days). You would be contagious and spreading the virus during that entire time without even knowing it. So others would get sick and potentially die because you don't want to wear a mask for whatever pseudo-scientific reasons you can think of to justify your refusal to inconvenience yourself with the hassle of wearing a mask. But nobody better dare accuse you of not being "pro-life." That's called hypocrisy, fyi.

Aimiel

Your theories are blown out of the water by Sweden. They did NOTHING for COVID-19, results: the same as the rest of the world. :duh:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
User Name said:
Conservatives are rebelling against wearing masks to the point that they are chanting the abortion rights chant, "My body, my choice!" Question for the anti-choice crowd: Is this a good idea for your cause?

No, it’s a hypocrisy. The reason to be against abortion is for the protection of the unborn. That is the only valid reason.

Trump and his followers are promoting actions that they know will continue to kill millions. That includes pregnant mom’s, babies and children.

Arthur Brain

No, it’s a hypocrisy. The reason to be against abortion is for the protection of the unborn. That is the only valid reason.

Trump and his followers are promoting actions that they know will continue to kill millions. That includes pregnant mom’s, babies and children.

And now for Donny's latest expert medical opinion...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not possible ... I live here, remember? You have the luxury of observing the misery from afar ....

Aimiel

Your theories are blown out of the water by South Korea.

From what I've seen: they simply contained everyone for a few weeks, washed everything and then went back to a clean house. Would that even be possible in a country the size of the USA?