Undecided..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil_Leighton

Hi there!

I have described myself as undecided re. my beliefs as that is the most accurate description of them.

In order to help me decide what I am I have recently started rding the KJV Bible cover to cover. As I have very little knowledge of the Bible I am able to react to it with quite fresh eyes, and I must say it is a fascinating account, so far, of the depth of belef of a people in finding out their destiny.

I am just starting on Joshua, having gott through the books of the Law. What a shame for Moses that he never actually gets to enter the promised land!

Anyway...this place looks intersting and full of people of different viewpoints. My kind of place.

Dena

Yes, I guess it is sad that Moses didn't get to see the promised land. I suppose we all suffer for our sins. Welcome to the board!

P8ntrDan

Might I recommend the ESV version since it is easier reading as it is in today's language, yet unlike other current versions hasn't lost the literalness of the original texts since it translated off of them instead of the KJV. If you want to read it as a historical account of God's attempts to reach humanity (which sets Christianity apart from other religions btw), there are several good 'yearly bibles' that have the passages arranged in the order of their chronological occurrence.

I hope this helps you on your search for truth!

:)

Aimiel

Welcome, and when you seek and search for God with all of your heart, He promised that you would find Him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

assuranceagent

Hey Neil! Welcome to TOL. I think it's cool that you're reading the Bible all the way through even as an unbeliever....

...wish more Christians would do that :noid:

MrRadish

Welcome! I'd like to add another source of heathen perspectives to RS's existing offer ;) Ever considered the everlasting state of uncertainty that's agnosticism? :D

Hope you find the answers you're looking for here, whether they're religious or non.

Status
Not open for further replies.