What is a TruthSmacker?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TheologyOnLine.com is also known as TruthSmack.com. Many have asked... "what is a TruthSmacker"?

"Truthsmacking" is the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous post or thread that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.

TruthSmacking is not limited to the Christian, although I think it will be painfully obvious that non-believers will have a dramatically smaller arsenal of truth at their disposal.

beanieboy

Can you offer what is and isn't TruthSmacking?

For example, is Clete's thread: which would you rather - artful? Clever? Humorous? Does it it deliver any kind of truth and rebut all falsehood?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And if you'd like some examples be sure to take a look at posts by Lion, Crow, Knight, Turbo and Clete. Not that there certainly aren't more as many are truly up and coming around here but these have perfected the art. :D

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
Poly smacks with the best of them. :up: I also think Lucky is a pretty good "smacker".

Nineveh, Yorzik, One Eyed Jack also come to mind.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ThankYouJesus said:
so far.. sozo..like one after the other, remember his on here since I am new.. have to get to know more people.
Sozo is a great TurthSmacker.

And just wait until Poly and Turbo return!

Poly and Turbo are two of the other TOL admins who have been busy lately but they can smack with the best of them!

Lucky is one of my personal favorites.

Clete rocks.

And I love reading BillyBob when he is smacking the commies. :D

Shalom

I like reading Bob b's threads..
Clete is one of my all time favorites too
Billy Bob has dang near made me pee my pants laughing
Knight either has a deadly honest truth smack or a funny one
I really like Truthman and Deardelmar
Vaqureo45 always has good points
Guysmilie makes me laugh
Gosh theres so many great posters on TOL I could easily keep going. There are so many different qualities that people have here and it makes it really fun.

allsmiles

when i put the mouse cursor over my green boxes it says that i'm a truth smacker.

does that make it so or was it just a cruel trick to get my boyish hopes up?

:(

;)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
when i put the mouse cursor over my green boxes it says that i'm a truth smacker.

does that make it so or was it just a cruel trick to get my boyish hopes up?

:(

;)
We'll have that fixed for you shortly.:noid: