ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

dodge

Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

God's sacred secret, revealed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit to the initiated chosen apostles, so that all who wish to be reconciled back to God can hear the gospel and learn of God's divine plan of salvation (Romans 10:17).

The first to teach the "mystery" were the prophets, and when their prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus The "mystery" was revealed and walked the earth bringing truth,salvation,light, and freedom to those trapped in darkness.

MAD has denied the very foundation of Jesus, His ministry, His Gospel, His teachings, and the revelation of the mystery by Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit revealed the "mystery" or there would have been no revelation of the "mystery".

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Claiming Paul was the first to reveal the "mystery" denies the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

dodge

If you knew, dodge, what the mystery of the gospel was, it would lead you right to Paul.

STP, I know what the gospel is and "who" it is about and no it is not about Paul.

Sadly, you still do not get it the Gospel is about Jesus NOT Paul.

dodge

If you knew, dodge, what the mystery of the gospel was, it would lead you right to Paul.

Since Paul said to follow Jesus he accomplished the desire of his heart when I placed my faith in Jesus.

Just a reminder Jesus was crucified NOT Paul.

If you knew what the Gospel(mystery) is ,STP, Paul and all the Apostles would lead you right to Jesus.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
STP, I know what the gospel is and "who" it is about and no it is not about Paul.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that no one who knows is saying the Gospel is about Paul. No one here is saying it is not about Jesus, what is said is, Jesus in a veil and later, Paul revealed it.

Jerry Shugart

Claiming Paul was the first to reveal the "mystery" denies the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Could you please tell me exactly what was the "mystery" gospel Paul was preaching to the Gentiles?:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith" (Ro.16:25-26).​

Danoh

You are confusing the mystery of Christ with the mystery of the gospel.
Get your facts right before you ridicule....bro

Neither of those was hidden in the OT.

And ribbing is not ridicule - get your facts straight on the difference between the two :chuckle:

Does Andy ridicule Barney, or does he rib him?

Consider that you have just proven what you often prove - that you do read into a thing, and then run with it.

Not that I do not, here and there myself.

Get out of your club already, bro - not many high-fives over here, but Christ is more than sufficient :)

Danoh

Could you please tell me exactly what was the "mystery" gospel Paul was preaching to the Gentiles?:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith" (Ro.16:25-26).​

Depends on one's take on verse 26.

Danoh

The nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) are back there. This isn't even debatable.
The fact that it would be put together into a unit as the gospel was not known.

Nope; that is not what 1 Cor. 15:1-4 is saying - you are reading that into it.

Put the hybrid commentaries based reasoning away :chuckle:

dodge

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that no one who knows is saying the Gospel is about Paul. No one here is saying it is not about Jesus, what is said is, Jesus in a veil and later, Paul revealed it.

Jesus revealed the Gospel of grace you might want to read the gospels again.

dodge