Who are the Elect?

Robert Pate

Banned
The word "Elect" means chosen. God elected or chose prophets, patriarchs, and apostles. He also chose the nation of Israel and most important he chose Jesus Christ. The prophets were chosen to be spokes persons for God, God spoke to the people of Israel through the prophets. The patriarchs were the line from which Jesus would come. They can be found in Matthew 1:1-17. The apostles were chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the Gospel to the whole world. God chose the nation of Israel to be the orators of his law. Most important, God chose Jesus Christ to be the savior of the whole world.

We must conclude that there is no election without a purpose. All of the above had a purpose. The main purpose of God was to bring forth a people and a nation from whom the savior of the world would come. This was God's plan of election. To accomplish his purpose, he needed to elect certain individuals.

Does God elect certain individuals to be saved, if he did all of the above was for nothing. No need for prophets, patriarchs, Israel, apostles or even Jesus Christ. Before the foundation of the world God could have chosen who would be his special chosen people without, prophets, patriarchs, apostles, Israel and Jesus Christ. Why didn't he do that? He didn't do that because that is not what God does. Our salvation has a history that is grounded in the Old Testament and is realized in the New Testament when... "God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Right Divider

Body part
The apostles were chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the Gospel to the whole world.
  • Which apostles?
  • Which gospel?
Our salvation has a history that is grounded in the Old Testament and is realized in the New Testament when... "God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.
The old covenant and the new covenant are with Israel only.
The body of Christ is a NEW creature that is distinct from Israel
Paul explains this in detail throughout his thirteen epistles.
Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God.
Absolutely!

Robert Pate

Banned
  • Which apostles?
  • Which gospel?

The old covenant and the new covenant are with Israel only.
The body of Christ is a NEW creature that is distinct from Israel
Paul explains this in detail throughout his thirteen epistles.

Absolutely!
Which apostles? Were there others than the 12?

Which Gospel? There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

You said, The Old Covenant and the New Covenant are with Israel only.
Wrong. It appears that way because of Hebrews 8:8. However, Paul tells the Ephesians that at one time they were strangers from the Covenants of promise having no hope, and without God in the world. "But now in Christ Jesus you who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Jesus" Ephesians 2:12, 13.

Right Divider

Body part
Which apostles? Were there others than the 12?
There are many apostles. I'm asking you to specify the ones that you were referring to in that post.
Details are important. Vagueness leads to confusion or worse.
Which Gospel? There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.
And those 12 were NOT preaching THAT gospel to the people of Israel.
They were preaching the gospel that Christ gave them... the gospel of the kingdom.
You said, The Old Covenant and the New Covenant are with Israel only.
I said that only because that's what the Bible teaches. Like here:
Heb 8:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Wrong. It appears that way because of Hebrews 8:8.
Wrong... it IS that way!
You believe in the myths of Churchianity and ignore the PLAIN and OBVIOUS reading of scripture.
However, Paul tells the Ephesians that at one time they were strangers from the Covenants of promise having no hope, and without God in the world. "But now in Christ Jesus you who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Jesus" Ephesians 2:12, 13.
That has NOTHING to do with the NEW covenant.

WE, the body of Christ, are "made nigh (near)", by the BLOOD and NOT the covenant.

Robert Pate

Banned
There are many apostles. I'm asking you to specify the ones that you were referring to in that post.
Details are important. Vagueness leads to confusion or worse.

And those 12 were NOT preaching THAT gospel to the people of Israel.
They were preaching the gospel that Christ gave them... the gospel of the kingdom.

I said that only because that's what the Bible teaches. Like here:

Wrong... it IS that way!
You believe in the myths of Churchianity and ignore the PLAIN and OBVIOUS reading of scripture.

That has NOTHING to do with the NEW covenant.

WE, the body of Christ, are "made nigh (near)", by the BLOOD and NOT the covenant.
You don't know what the New Covenant is. You think that the New Covenant is the same as the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. The New Covenant is about Jesus and his Gospel. The New Covenant is about Jesus shedding his blood for the sins of humanity.

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us" Hebrews 9:12.

On the day of Pentecost the apostles were preaching the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel, Acts 4:12.

You are NOT rightly dividing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The word "Elect" means chosen. God elected or chose prophets, patriarchs, and apostles. He also chose the nation of Israel and most important he chose Jesus Christ. The prophets were chosen to be spokes persons for God, God spoke to the people of Israel through the prophets. The patriarchs were the line from which Jesus would come. They can be found in Matthew 1:1-17. The apostles were chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the Gospel to the whole world. God chose the nation of Israel to be the orators of his law. Most important, God chose Jesus Christ to be the savior of the whole world.

We must conclude that there is no election without a purpose. All of the above had a purpose. The main purpose of God was to bring forth a people and a nation from whom the savior of the world would come. This was God's plan of election. To accomplish his purpose, he needed to elect certain individuals.

Does God elect certain individuals to be saved, if he did all of the above was for nothing. No need for prophets, patriarchs, Israel, apostles or even Jesus Christ. Before the foundation of the world God could have chosen who would be his special chosen people without, prophets, patriarchs, apostles, Israel and Jesus Christ. Why didn't he do that? He didn't do that because that is not what God does. Our salvation has a history that is grounded in the Old Testament and is realized in the New Testament when... "God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
This does not make sense; God is desires a relationship with us, not a mechanistic control over who gets what.
Your argument lacks substance because your alternative premise is nonsense.

Right Divider

Body part
You don't know what the New Covenant is.
You are wrong, as you often are.
You think that the New Covenant is the same as the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion.
WRONG AGAIN... you're on a roll!
The New Covenant is about Jesus and his Gospel.
The new covenant is a REPLACEMENT for the old COVENANT. Please READ the Bible without your blinders on, for a change.
Heb 8:7-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:7) For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
The reason for the SECOND was THEIR (ISRAEL) failure under the FIRST.
The New Covenant is about Jesus shedding his blood for the sins of humanity.
The blood served more the one purpose. But those that are blind and follow Churchianity cannot understand the Bible.
"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us" Hebrews 9:12.

On the day of Pentecost the apostles were preaching the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel, Acts 4:12.
You keep making FALSE CLAIMS... the "wonderful works of God" was NOT the gospel. You simply fool yourself into believing whatever you like.

Did you not notice that Peter, in Acts 4:12, talks about HIS NAME and NOT His DEATH ON THE CROSS?

I bet not.
You are NOT rightly dividing.
Indeed I am... you are not rightly dividing at all.

You are a Bible MASHER and MIXER. Confusing things that should not be confused or confusing... but that's your blindness hard at work.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
This does not make sense; God is desires a relationship with us, not a mechanistic control over who gets what.
Your argument lacks substance because your alternative premise is nonsense.
God cannot have a relationship with anyone outside of Christ and his Gospel. The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see us as Perfect and complete "In Christ". Faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God cannot have a relationship with anyone outside of Christ and his Gospel.

He can't?

I think Abraham, Adam, Moses, David, and many other people from the Old Testament would disagree with you...

Robert Pate

Banned
You are wrong, as you often are.

WRONG AGAIN... you're on a roll!

The new covenant is a REPLACEMENT for the old COVENANT. Please READ the Bible without your blinders on, for a change.

The reason for the SECOND was THEIR (ISRAEL) failure under the FIRST.

The blood served more the one purpose. But those that are blind and follow Churchianity cannot understand the Bible.

You keep making FALSE CLAIMS... the "wonderful works of God" was NOT the gospel. You simply fool yourself into believing whatever you like.

Did you not notice that Peter, in Acts 4:12, talks about HIS NAME and NOT His DEATH ON THE CROSS?

I bet not.

Indeed I am... you are not rightly dividing at all.

You are a Bible MASHER and MIXER. Confusing things that should not be confused or confusing... but that's your blindness hard at work.

As usual, a mixture of truth and error, which results in confusion.

What do you think the "Wonderful works of God" are? Acts 2:11 How were 8,000 Jews converted to Christ without hearing the Gospel? Paul said, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. People are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, because, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16. You have a very serious problem if you think that salvation is by some other way than by hearing and believing the Gospel. Salvation is not by works, Galatians 3:2.

In Hebrews chapter 8 through 10 Paul is comparing the Old Covenant with the New Covenant. Your right, Israel failed to keep the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion, Hebrews 8:8.

Under the New Covenant the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion was abolished, Hebrews 8:13. Laws, rules and religion didn't work then and it doesn't work now. The New Covenant is about Jesus Christ, faith, the Holy Spirit, grace, the forgiveness of sins, mercy, and the Gospel. It is a radical change from the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. This is why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith' Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel

Concerning Peter and Acts 4:12. The name of Jesus concerns Jesus and what he has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. "There is no forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood" Hebrews 9:22. You cannot be saved without the shedding of Christ's blood.

Right Divider

Body part
As usual, a mixture of truth and error, which results in confusion.
That is hilarious. This is a textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black.

It is YOU that is mixing and confusing things.
What do you think the "Wonderful works of God" are?
It was not the gospel of the grace of God because that gospel was FIRST given to PAUL YEARS LATER.
Acts 2:11 How were 8,000 Jews converted to Christ without hearing the Gospel?
How were the twelve "converted to Christ" without hearing the gospel?
Were they not "converted to Christ" PRIOR to that day of Pentecost?
Paul said, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
AGAIN, you try to make something mean "the Gospel" when it is not.
People are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, because, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16. You have a very serious problem if you think that salvation is by some other way than by hearing and believing the Gospel. Salvation is not by works, Galatians 3:2.
I've never claimed that salvation is by works. So why do you bring it up? Because you are confused and/or dishonest.
In Hebrews chapter 8 through 10 Paul is comparing the Old Covenant with the New Covenant. Your right, Israel failed to keep the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion, Hebrews 8:8.
Paul did NOT write Hebrews, so Paul is not comparing anything. What the WRITER of Hebrews is doing is CONFIRMING what they QUOTE from Jeremiah.
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
You need to ditch those BLINDERS that keep you in the DARK about what the scripture PLAINLY says.
Under the New Covenant the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion was abolished, Hebrews 8:13. Laws, rules and religion didn't work then and it doesn't work now. The New Covenant is about Jesus Christ, faith, the Holy Spirit, grace, the forgiveness of sins, mercy, and the Gospel. It is a radical change from the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. This is why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith' Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel
Paul is QUOTING Habakkuk 2:4.
Hab 2:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Living by faith was NOT something new.
Concerning Peter and Acts 4:12. The name of Jesus concerns Jesus and what he has accomplished in our name and on our behalf.
The NAME of Jesus has to do with HIS AUTHORITY.
"There is no forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood" Hebrews 9:22. You cannot be saved without the shedding of Christ's blood.
Never argued that.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
That is hilarious. This is a textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black.

It is YOU that is mixing and confusing things.

It was not the gospel of the grace of God because that gospel was FIRST given to PAUL YEARS LATER.

How were the twelve "converted to Christ" without hearing the gospel?
Were they not "converted to Christ" PRIOR to that day of Pentecost?

AGAIN, you try to make something mean "the Gospel" when it is not.

I've never claimed that salvation is by works. So why do you bring it up? Because you are confused and/or dishonest.

Paul did NOT write Hebrews, so Paul is not comparing anything. What the WRITER of Hebrews is doing is CONFIRMING what they QUOTE from Jeremiah.

You need to ditch those BLINDERS that keep you in the DARK about what the scripture PLAINLY says.

Paul is QUOTING Habakkuk 2:4.

Living by faith was NOT something new.

The NAME of Jesus has to do with HIS AUTHORITY.

Never argued that.
Amazing. You are not able to receive truth, yet you claim to be a Christian. This should be a serious concern for you.

Acts chapter 2 is about the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ coming into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit and you deny that this is the Gospel and that thousands of people were converted to Christ. What do you believe happened on the day of Pentecost in Acts chapter 2 when 8,000 Jews were converted to Christ? How did the 8,000 become believers? Paul said, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. If they didn't hear the Gospel "The wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. What do you think that they heard that brought them to Christ?

Tell us how do you think that a person is saved? The Holy Spirit is only given to those that hear and believe the Gospel. Paul said to the Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. You apparently have a problem with the Gospel, this is nothing new.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

The Gospel that Paul received from Jesus was more in depth and concerned justification by faith. The Gospel that came into the world on the day of Pentecost was more about who Jesus Christ was. Regardless of what it was, it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit and caused 8,000 Jews to repent and trust in Christ as their savior.

Right Divider

Body part
Amazing. You are not able to receive truth, yet you claim to be a Christian. This should be a serious concern for you.
RP... I am saved. I believe the gospel of the grace of God, which was first given to Paul.
Acts chapter 2 is about the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ coming into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit and you deny that this is the Gospel and that thousands of people were converted to Christ.
Acts chapter 2 is all about God's relationship with Israel. That you think that something new started that day is an indication of your confusion.

The BODY OF CHRIST (i.e., the church which is His body) began with the apostle Paul. It did NOT start on the lawfully required feast day for Israel.
What do you believe happened on the day of Pentecost in Acts chapter 2 when 8,000 Jews were converted to Christ?
You are SO vague... I'm not even sure what you mean by "converted to Christ".
Do you even understand why Matthias replaced Judas in Acts 1? Probably not.
How did the 8,000 become believers?
How did anyone "become believers" BEFORE the gospel of the grace of God was revealed by God TO PAUL?
Paul said, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. If they didn't hear the Gospel "The wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. What do you think that they heard that brought them to Christ?
It was definitely NOT what you claim that it was... because the gospel of the grace of God was given FIRST to PAUL.

The "wonderful works of God" has to do with many things... but, since the gospel of the grace of God was NOT YET REVEALED... it THEREFORE could NOT be that.
Tell us how do you think that a person is saved?
How was king David saved?
How was Abraham saved?

Neither one of them knew that Christ died for their sins.
The Holy Spirit is only given to those that hear and believe the Gospel. Paul said to the Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. You apparently have a problem with the Gospel, this is nothing new.
Once AGAIN.... I'm not arguing with WHAT IS NOW KNOWN through God's revelation to and through THE APOSTLE PAUL.

I have NO problem with ANY of the GOSPELS. You are ultra confused about GOD'S TIMELINE.
"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.
The "gospel" referred to there is NOT the gospel of the grace of God.
The Gospel that Paul received from Jesus was more in depth and concerned justification by faith.
So the TWELVE did NOT know about "justification by faith"?

Your "story" is consistently inconsistent.
The Gospel that came into the world on the day of Pentecost was more about who Jesus Christ was.
So AGAIN you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
"MORE ABOUT who Jesus Christ was"???
So they were NOT clear about "the Gospel"?
Regardless of what it was, it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit and caused 8,000 Jews to repent and trust in Christ as their savior.
"REGARDLESS of what is was"??? It's kind of IMPORTANT "what is was". Unfortunately for you... you do not understand it.

You hem and haw and change your story constantly.

8000 JEWS... notice anything about that? Probably not.

What did these JEWS repent of?

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't think you should assert any person is not a Christian. I've never claimed that you're not a Christian. I think you are a poor theologian mainly because you refuse to listen to others. Try to learn from members here and if you do not think they understand scripture, then you are on the wrong forum.

Robert Pate

Banned
RP... I am saved. I believe the gospel of the grace of God, which was first given to Paul.

Acts chapter 2 is all about God's relationship with Israel. That you think that something new started that day is an indication of your confusion.

The BODY OF CHRIST (i.e., the church which is His body) began with the apostle Paul. It did NOT start on the lawfully required feast day for Israel.

You are SO vague... I'm not even sure what you mean by "converted to Christ".
Do you even understand why Matthias replaced Judas in Acts 1? Probably not.

How did anyone "become believers" BEFORE the gospel of the grace of God was revealed by God TO PAUL?

It was definitely NOT what you claim that it was... because the gospel of the grace of God was given FIRST to PAUL.

The "wonderful works of God" has to do with many things... but, since the gospel of the grace of God was NOT YET REVEALED... it THEREFORE could NOT be that.

How was king David saved?
How was Abraham saved?

Neither one of them knew that Christ died for their sins.

Once AGAIN.... I'm not arguing with WHAT IS NOW KNOWN through God's revelation to and through THE APOSTLE PAUL.

I have NO problem with ANY of the GOSPELS. You are ultra confused about GOD'S TIMELINE.

The "gospel" referred to there is NOT the gospel of the grace of God.

So the TWELVE did NOT know about "justification by faith"?

Your "story" is consistently inconsistent.

So AGAIN you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
"MORE ABOUT who Jesus Christ was"???
So they were NOT clear about "the Gospel"?

"REGARDLESS of what is was"??? It's kind of IMPORTANT "what is was". Unfortunately for you... you do not understand it.

You hem and haw and change your story constantly.

8000 JEWS... notice anything about that? Probably not.

What did these JEWS repent of?
The Gospel that came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost literally turned Jerusalem upside down. It is one of the most astounding events in the New Testament. And then you say it was nothing?

The backward fearful disciples became bold, fearless preachers of the Gospel. The Pharisees tried to stop them by threatening them, but they stood up to them, Acts 4:19-22.

It was the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church. After Pentecost the disciples became apostles and powerful preachers of the Gospel. The Gospel message was accompanied by signs and miracles, this verified that their message was from God, Acts 5:12.

You are full of contention and unbelief.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't think you should assert any person is not a Christian. I've never claimed that you're not a Christian. I think you are a poor theologian mainly because you refuse to listen to others. Try to learn from members here and if you do not think they understand scripture, then you are on the wrong forum.
I listen to others when they have the truth, unfortunately there are not many on this Forum that have the truth.

Right Divider

Body part
The Gospel that came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost literally turned Jerusalem upside down.
Confusion reigns with you.

The 12 were preaching "the gospel" to Israel for YEARS before that day of Pentecost.

The gospel of the grace of God was given to PAUL AFTER that day of Pentecost. Paul calls this gospel MY GOSPEL for a reason.
It is one of the most astounding events in the New Testament. And then you say it was nothing?
You are AGAIN stooping to LYING about what I said. I did NOT "say that is was nothing". Dishonesty will not win you any points.
The backward fearful disciples became bold, fearless preachers of the Gospel.
The gospel of the KINGDOM ... YES!! They did!
The Pharisees tried to stop them by threatening them, but they stood up to them, Acts 4:19-22.
Irrelevant to this discussion.
It was the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church.
The BODY OF CHRIST (i.e., the church which is His body) is NOT "the new testament church".

The new covenant is all about God's relationship with Israel.
After Pentecost the disciples became apostles and powerful preachers of the Gospel.
The gospel of the KINGDOM... not the gospel of the grace of God that they had to learn later from PAUL.
The Gospel message was accompanied by signs and miracles, this verified that their message was from God, Acts 5:12.
And yet those signs and miracles ceased as Israel, as a whole, refused to believe the gospel of the KINGDOM.
You are full of contention and unbelief.
You LIE once again. Not very "Christian" of you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Because Robert has a false narrative that he is so married to that he is blind to the truth.
Then he lies about those that try to tell him the truth.
He's been doing that as long as he has been on TOL.

Last edited: