Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who here agrees with Apologist?

I ask because somebody obviously does, as he continually gets positive rep and has been allowed to push his hatred, racism, and fascist ideology.

erinmarie

#1 It's mainly Knight's party, we're all just invited. If we don't like it we can leave. He's obviously seen the horrible things that Apolonazi is spouting, and has deemed them as okay to be here at the party. Maybe he hopes he'll leave on his own, maybe he hopes he'll learn something. I'm not entirely sure.

#2 It's become abundantly clear to me that some people here obviously either agree with him, or they're agreeing with some of what he's saying, and for some reason I cannot fathom, are ignoring the majority of the filth. I don't want to know who, I just want him banned for the offensive things he's already said.

#3 TOL is business, not personal. And I'm personally offended. I think I would punch apologist right in the face. And that's just not the right thing to do.

So I think this thread is dangerous. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Here's my problem.

If Apologist was walking around Times Square with a sandwich board that said "Hitler Was Right" I'd defend his right to do so. Any guy doing that has a death wish, but he still has the freedom to do this and express his opinion.

Holocaust revision, although distasteful and dishonest, is also a right and I do not believe so-called Holocaust "hate speech" should result in a jail sentence.

However--and this is a big however. TOL is an ostensibly Christian website. It presents itself as a gathering for Christian thought, theological and political discussion, and serves as a sounding board and forum for a variety of ideas. Some are tolerated a lot more or less than others. All well and good. I like this joint.

I would submit that an avowed Christian website tolerating a Nazi propagandist, tolerating racist rhetoric, tolerating a defense and glorification of Hitler and Mein Kampf, and all else Apologist brings to the party sends an appalling, mixed, confusing message.

Apologist's racism, hatred, and fascism cannot be supported by any orthodox, mainstream, or other form of acceptable Christianity advocated by anyone here.

Yet he stays. I can only conclude he has enough support here to warrant that, and this is pretty upsetting.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know if anyone agrees with him, I think it is just that people don't think his beliefs are any worse than the other beliefs that go around TOL that are disagreed with.

Mr. 5020

kmoney said:
I don't know if anyone agrees with him, I think it is just that people don't think his beliefs are any worse than the other beliefs that go around TOL that are disagreed with.
More than likely, k$ is right.

Wanting to kill the unborn and wanting to kill the Jews are equal in my sight.

Balder

I strongly disagree with his views on Nazism, women, and (some aspects of) religion. I think he's a bright guy, and hope he finds a way out of the net of hate he's woven himself into in these areas.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
More than likely, k$ is right.

Wanting to kill the unborn and wanting to kill the Jews are equal in my sight.
Similar, but different in my opinion...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Balder said:
I strongly disagree with his views on Nazism, women, and (some aspects of) religion. I think he's a bright guy, and hope he finds a way out of the net of hate he's woven himself into in these areas.
I agree with Balder.

GuySmiley

I have to admit I have pos rep'ed him in the past. But it was before I knew he was a nazi, now I would'nt do it again. Also, the poll doesn't say if we want him gone or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.