ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

DAN P

Hi to all , and here is the MAIN reasons that so-called TONGUES are not for today !!

#1 ,It was a Prophecy to be fulfilled at Pentecost , a Jewish Feast Day !

#2 , It was a Promise given to Israel in Joel 2:28 !

#3 , It was to pass away , by Acts 19:6 !!

#4 , 1 Cor 13:8-13 , as they were a WITNESS to fellow Jews at Jerusalem and to those not Present at Pentecost , like in Acts 19:6 !!

Anyone who says that God SPOKE to them with NEW REVELATION is then ABOVE Scripture as the Canon is CLOSED and is LYING !!

DAN P

musterion

Dan, given that the sign gifts ceased when God closed the door on Israel, would you agree that the point in Paul's epistles written around the time of Acts 28 and later would indicate the cessation?

DAN P

Dan, given that the sign gifts ceased when God closed the door on Israel, would you agree that the point in Paul's epistles written around the time of Acts 28 and later would indicate the cessation?

Hi and I beieve at this point in time , after Acts 19:6 they are gone !!

We know that even at Acts 26:21 there was Temple worship !!

The Transition is berween Acts 9 and Acts 28 or between 33 AD and 62 AD !

NOTICE Isa 6:9 - 13 !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi to all , and here is the MAIN reasons that so-called TONGUES are not for today !!

#4 , 1 Cor 13:8-13 , as they were a WITNESS to fellow Jews at Jerusalem and to those not Present at Pentecost , like in Acts 19:6 !!

Anyone who says that God SPOKE to them with NEW REVELATION is then ABOVE Scripture as the Canon is CLOSED and is LYING !!

DAN P

You could claim that scripture, that Jesus Christ, that God himself is not for today for the same reasons!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scriptures say the gifts will pass away not that they have passed away, That is future tense.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

dan p

i'm gonna hate bringin' this up with some pentecostal relatives ! ! ! - :patrol:

kayaker

Jesus referred to the verses Dan brought forth in Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12 when Jesus spoke in Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 explaining exclusively to His DISCIPLES why He spoke to the multitude believers in parables. Jesus and His Father were two witnesses (John 8:17, 18) to Jesus' divine paternity challenged by those rebuking His ancestry (John 8:12, 13), and conspiring His crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV). Pentecostals, like many faiths, admonish their church more than the love for the truth... yet, Jesus might as well have been speaking in tongues since those two divine testimonies aren't even considered by the multitudes today, much less comprehended.

I appreciate Bright Raven's comment... please consider John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, "...I must work the works of him who sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." I think its about dark-thirty, personally. That is, unless someone can provide me before and after DNA tests on someone healed of a heritable illness as that blind man... unless someone can wean an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic off insulin. Jesus never healed a broken bone, btw... Jesus was no ordinary 'street healer'. And, if He walked the streets today, He wouldn't be working at the local Urgent Care. The local megatropolis AIRPORT couldn't handle the crowds, sports stadiums wouldn't be anywhere near large enough. Furthermore, His healing miracles would be FRONT page news in EVERY professional medical journal around the globe. That's the LIGHT of the world made a mockery by the likes of Benny Hinn & Co, INC. Yep, dark-thirty... and His LIGHT will split the eastern sky.

Patrick... you might be disowned and cast upon the dung heap. Didn't you know? Only Pentecostals have the Holy Ghost! Trust me... expect an exorcism as a holyghost hazing requirement before your next family reunion! LOL!

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus referred to the verses Dan brought forth in Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12 when Jesus spoke in Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 explaining exclusively to His DISCIPLES why He spoke to the multitude believers in parables. Jesus and His Father were two witnesses (John 8:17, 18) to Jesus' divine paternity challenged by those rebuking His ancestry (John 8:12, 13), and conspiring His crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV). Pentecostals, like many faiths, admonish their church more than the love for the truth... yet, Jesus might as well have been speaking in tongues since those two divine testimonies aren't even considered by the multitudes today, much less comprehended.

I appreciate Bright Raven's comment... please consider John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, "...I must work the works of him who sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." I think its about dark-thirty, personally. That is, unless someone can provide me before and after DNA tests on someone healed of a heritable illness as that blind man... unless someone can wean an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic off insulin. Jesus never healed a broken bone, btw... Jesus was no ordinary 'street healer'. And, if He walked the streets today, He wouldn't be working at the local Urgent Care. The local megatropolis AIRPORT couldn't handle the crowds, sports stadiums wouldn't be anywhere near large enough. Furthermore, His healing miracles would be FRONT page news in EVERY professional medical journal around the globe. That's the LIGHT of the world made a mockery by the likes of Benny Hinn & Co, INC. Yep, dark-thirty... and His LIGHT will split the eastern sky.

Patrick... you might be disowned and cast upon the dung heap. Didn't you know? Only Pentecostals have the Holy Ghost! Trust me... expect an exorcism as a holyghost hazing requirement before your next family reunion! LOL!

kayaker

Why look to the deceived as examples of an untruth?

It profits you nothing.

I must add that even during the ministry of Jesus with all the miracles He did, people still doubted Him.

LA

andyc

The prophecy wasn't fulfilled on the day, as there are also other events that haven't happened yet.

Which gentiles now share in. "All flesh".

Made up.

Made up.

DAN P

What you've said in this post is lying, because there is not one verse explaining that tongues have ceased.

andyc

God has never closed the door on Israel. Where do you boys get this nonsense?

andyc

dan p

Look at them trying to figure out when things happened, that the bible doesn't even mention.
They're making it up as they go along, and showing everyone at the same time.

andyc

People get healed all the time, but those who won't believe, don't believe. I was healed of chronic asthma. But the doctors who treated me, and doubters would say it simply cleared up on its own accord, even though it was instant.

kayaker

Complete nonsense. This behavior from any pentecostal would be cultish.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why be satisfied with being a "Predictor of Doom" when it comes to your
fellow posters?

Why declare yourself a complete unbeliever before all of the world?

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Why declare yourself a complete unbeliever before all of the world?

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

LA

Why won't you cast the demon out of john w?