You have 9 years left and then Boom.

Caledvwlch

Calicowich,

Believe it.

You won't like it .

Be Afraid , Be very Afraid.

You have 9 years left and then Boom.

We were starting to get into thread derailment territory there, OCT.

Other than turning 42, what else is going to happen to me nine years from now?

The Berean

Other than turning 42, what else is going to happen to me nine years from now?

1) Young people will address you as "sir".
2) You will refer to all new music as "noise".
3) When you see kids in front of your house you will yell, "Get off my lawn!"

Caledvwlch

1) Young people will address you as "sir".
2) You will refer to all new music as "noise".
3) When you see kids in front of your house you will yell, "Get off my lawn!"

hqdefault.jpg

PureX

You want the truth?

You will cease to be "potential". Society will no longer cut you any slack because you're young and you might yet do something amazing. Because you aren't young you probably aren't ever going to do anything amazing.

You will look at women that look like your friends moms when you were growing up and suddenly realize that they are a lot more attractive than you remember them being. And you'll also start to realize that women in the 20s aren't especially interesting, even if they do look like fashion models. By the age of 42, wisdom is becoming attractive to at least some men (this happened long ago, for women).

Your body will still be pretty resilient, but you will definitely be recognizing that it does not do what it once did so easily. Strenuous exercise will make you pay the next day in ways that it didn't used to. And you will know that this is only going to get worse as time passes. And it will, take my word for it.

On the plus side, however, you will probably finally be able to see yourself as a full-fledged adult. And so you will not be intimidated by those fortunate men and women who knew they were "important" right from the start. Guys with big muscles or fat wallets or loud mouths won't be able to make you feel as if they know or have something that you don't. Because you'll know that in any way that matters, your as much a man as any of them.

And so will any women worth knowing.

The forties are a good age for men. We're finally growing up by then. (Again, women grow up long before this.) So there's no need to dread reaching 'middle age'.

And ten years is a ways off, anyway. You're still 'wet behind the ears' at 33. All I can say to a 33 year old man is try not to behave like a complete moron, and that it's time to start pulling your head out of your butt and begin paying attention to the world around you. There's far more to life than you thought.

And I'm on your side, buddy! :)

Caledvwlch

You want the truth?

You will cease to be "potential". Society will no longer cut you any slack because you're young and you might yet do something amazing. Because you aren't young you probably aren't ever going to do anything amazing.

You will look at women that look like your friends moms when you were growing up and suddenly realize that they are a lot more attractive than you remember them being. And you'll also start to realize that women in the 20s aren't especially interesting, even if they do look like fashion models. By the age of 42, wisdom is becoming attractive to at least some men (this happened long ago, for women).

Your body will still be pretty resilient, but you will definitely be recognizing that it does not do what it once did so easily. Strenuous exercise will make you pay the next day in ways that it didn't used to. And you will know that this is only going to get worse as time passes. And it will, take my word for it.

On the plus side, however, you will probably finally be able to see yourself as a full-fledged adult. And so you will not be intimidated by those fortunate men and women who knew they were "important" right from the start. Guys with big muscles or fat wallets or loud mouths won't be able to make you feel as if they know or have something that you don't. Because you'll know that in any way that matters, your as much a man as any of them.

And so will any women worth knowing.

The forties are a good age for men. We're finally growing up by then. (Again, women grow up long before this.) So there's no need to dread reaching 'middle age'.

And ten years is a ways off, anyway. You're still 'wet behind the ears' at 33. All I can say to a 33 year old man is try not to behave like a complete moron, and that it's time to start pulling your head out of your butt and begin paying attention to the world around you. There's far more to life than you thought.

And I'm on your side, buddy! :)

:up:

Thank PureX. I'm absolutely positive this is more helpful than whatever OCTOBER23 had in mind there in the OP.

The Berean

I agree with Pure X. At age 42 you are still a relatively young man. If you take care of yourself you can lead an active lifestyle. Plus, You will have a strong sense of who you really are and what you really want out of life. And women between ages 40-50 will look really good to your eyes. :Shimei:

Caledvwlch

I agree with Pure X. At age 42 you are still a relatively young man. If you take care of yourself you can lead an active lifestyle. Plus, You will have a strong sense of who you really are and what you really want out of life. And women between ages 40-50 will look really good to your eyes. :Shimei:

For the record, I've been looking forward to 40 since I finished up with 21.

fzappa13

I am not surprised to learn this. But those names are new to me.

:mock: Cal's eight or nine year TOL hiatus

I once said on another web site that OMEGA is like beef jerky ... the longer you chew on what he says the more you get out of it. OMEGA is a student of prophecy (biblical that is) and his posts should be viewed in that light. Those that are not familiar with biblical prophecy will be only slightly more in the dark than those that are, however. Oh, and he has been known to post and/or start threads and then go on vacation ... and I hear he's a crackerjack machinist.

Last edited:

Quincy

I too will be 42 in 9 years.... what I think I'll be doing then:

the same thing I am today :chuckle: . Which is pretty much what I was doing at 22, except with a baby and a wife...... and some chickens....... and some dogs. Maybe I'll have matured enough to own a cat by then. We'll see.

OCTOBER23

OCT 2016 - The PLO wants the Two State Solution

which should start the 7 year Tribulation and we should be Raptured in 2020 AD.

President Mahmoud Abbas wants a TWO STATE SOLUTION BY OCT 2016

By: Olivia Ward Foreign Affairs Reporter, Published on Fri Sep 26 2014
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palestinians will ask the United Nations Security Council to set a deadline of November 2016 for an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank and eastern Jerusalem.
The request is part of a draft resolution that has been circulated to members of the Security Council, The Associated Press reported Wednesday. AP obtained a copy of the draft.

Looking as weary as his words, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas told the UN General Assembly on Friday that he is calling time on long-drawn-out negotiations with Israel, and seeks to set a deadline for ending the occupation of Palestinian land.
To “correct the deficiency” of earlier negotiations, he said, there must be “a specific timeframe for the implementation” of a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians. It would follow a plan worked out with the Arab Group, and linked with “immediate resumption” of talks to set out the borders of a Palestinian state and arrive at a comprehensive agreement.
He warned of the danger of hesitating at a time of radicalization in the region, which is plagued by Islamic State’s “brutal and heinous atrocities.” And he said that urgent action was needed to change conditions that are a “breeding ground for incitement, tension and hatred.”
Abbas said that a draft resolution would be presented to the UN Security Council to “push forward the efforts to achieve peace.”
It was a far cry from the moment of triumph two years ago, when his administration won a historic overwhelming General Assembly vote to recognize Palestine as a “non-member observer state.”
Since then, progress has stalled, Israel has continued to expand its settlements and a devastating war in Gaza has set back hope of a peace deal even farther. Israel said the attack on Gaza was necessary to end rocket fire on its citizens by Hamas militants. The conflict left more than 2,100 Palestinians dead and displaced up to 500,000 others, with 70 casualties on the Israeli side.
Abbas, who is 79, leads a divided territory, assailed by internal as well as external foes.
On Friday he castigated Israel for its assault on Gaza, and vowed that Palestinians would not “allow war criminals to escape punishment,” an implicit threat that Palestine might join the International Criminal Court and call for a war crimes investigation against Israel.
Earlier this week, Palestinian diplomat Riyad Mansour told reporters that if a date is not set for ending the occupation, Palestine would take independent steps toward statehood by joining international agencies and treaties, “and also seeking everything that is available to us on the legal front, including the ICC.”
Israel has scorned suggestions that the Palestinians would join the court, as its coalition partner, Hamas — regarded as a terrorist organization by Canada and the U.S. — could also be faced with war crimes charges for indiscriminately firing on civilians and Abbas’s Palestinian Authority might be dragged into a criminal case.
Abbas’s speech did not lay out a timetable for ending occupation of Palestinian land. But aides have said that negotiations should be finished within nine months, and Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank and East Jerusalem would take place within three years. Israel officially withdrew from Gaza in 2005, but with Egypt, controls its land and sea entry points, which blocks free movement of people and goods.
===========================================

OCTOBER23

Multiple names - how many names does JESUS have ??????

What else is going to happen to me nine years from now ?

Israel will probably attack IRAN next year and that will start a War

and then Turkey will come down to broker a Peace Agreement for 7 years.