You Who Choose Permanent Death. Why Do You Do That?

JAG

By JAG
September 30, 2021

Death takes away all your enjoyments, for example eating
good tasting food.

You're now alive and you enjoy good tasting food. Why you
wanna give that up? You ever ate a meal and said, "Wow,
that was very good. I really enjoyed that. That was truly
good tasting food." You don't want to forever say goodbye
to that. You want to keep on saying that, after meals, forever
and ever.

But in order to forever keep on saying that after meals you
must have the gift of Eternal Life. The Lord Jesus made a
way for you to forever keep on enjoying eating good tasting
foods ~ John 3:16's "eternal life." (Yes we will eat foods in
Heaven ~ keep on reading.)

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only
Son that whoever believes in Him shall never cease eating
good tasting food but will continue to enjoy good tasting food
forever and ever. After your present physical body dies, you
can still live on and on, to enjoy your favorite foods galore.

Jesus ate food in His resurrection body and so can you.

"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.
And while they still did not believe it because of joy and
amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here
to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he
took it and ate it in their presence." Luke 24:4041

"He [Jesus] was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses
whom God had already chosen — by us who ate and drank
with him after he rose from the dead." Acts 10:40-41

"When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with
fish on it, and some bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of
the fish you have just caught.” So Simon Peter climbed back
into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large
fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn. 12Jesus
said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” None of the disciples
dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord.
Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the
same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus
appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead."
John 21:9-15

Thoughts?

[]

JAG

``

Jesus ate food in His resurrection body and so can you.

"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.
And while they still did not believe it because of joy and
amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here
to eat?”
They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he
took it and ate it in their presence."
Luke 24:4041

"He [Jesus] was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses
whom God had already chosen — by us who ate and drank
with him after he rose from the dead."
Acts 10:40-41

"When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with
fish on it, and some bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of
the fish you have just caught.
” So Simon Peter climbed back
into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large
fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn. Jesus
said to them, “Come and have breakfast.”
None of the disciples
dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord.
Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the
same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus
appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead."
John 21:9-15

JAG

JAG

You Can Enjoy Eating Good Tasting Foods Forever and
Ever. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” For God so loved the world that
he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal
life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world
through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands
condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."
John 3:14-18

JAG

``

Stone Mason

The bible says that Jesus ate bread, fish, and drank wine after his resurrection. It shows that he had a real body. But I wonder if he actually had to breath, to eat, drink or if that was just optional? If the lion lays down with the lamb in the future, would he be eating meat at that point?

JAG

The bible says that Jesus ate bread, fish, and drank wine after his resurrection. It shows that he had a real body. But I wonder if he actually had to breath, to eat, drink or if that was just optional? If the lion lays down with the lamb in the future, would he be eating meat at that point?
Interesting questions.
Did you ever come across Randy Alcorn's book on Heaven?
Its a very helpful read.
I have it on my kindle but I just ordered a hard copy.
Randy Alcorn is a Bible believing Evangelical.
$15.59
Free Delivery on orders over $25.00

Best Regards.

JAG

``

rstrats

You Can Enjoy Eating Good Tasting Foods Forever and
Ever. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

``
But since beliefs can't be consciously chosen, what's a person to do?

JAG

The Bible specifically contradicts and repudiates that claim.

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,
choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which
your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the
gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my
house, we will serve the LORD."

JAG Note: This also involved consciously choosing what one would
believe. There was a set of beliefs behind them choosing to serve the
Lord.

Human Sin and the desire to protect that sin and to continue to sin,
is the father of the notion that beliefs cannot be consciously chosen.

When a person allows themselves to come to believe that beliefs cannot
be consciously chosen that means they can say to themselves: "Hey I have
no control over what I choose to believe, therefore I will NOT become a
Christian because I know that becoming a Christian would require me to
give up my sinning." Here list your top most enjoyable sins. Believing that
beliefs cannot be consciously chosen will allow the person to keep on
enjoying their favorite sins ~ and THIS, at bottom, is what UNBELIEF is all
about and has ALWAYS been about.

Best

JAG

PS

Free Will is heavily assumed throughout the Bible and the entire Bible
is written on the assumption that beliefs CAN be consciously chosen, and
in fact one's eternal destiny is based upon what one chooses to believe.

[]

rstrats

JAG,

I made the assertion based on the fact that I have never been able to consciously choose any of the beliefs that I have, nor has anyone that I have asked to demonstrate such an ability complied with the request. Perhaps you can. Maybe you could use something like leprechauns to demonstrate your ability and technique. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a leprechaun is "a fairy peculiar to Ireland, who appeared in the form of an old man of minute stature, wearing a cocked hat and a leather apron" and who stores away his gold in a pot at the end of a rainbow, and If ever captured has to grant three wishes to the person who captures him.

So, assuming that you don’t already have a belief in them, how about right now, while you are reading this, CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that they exist. Now that you believe in leprechauns, my question is, how did you do it? How did you make the instantaneous transition from lack of belief to belief?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JAG,

I made the assertion based on the fact that I have never been able to consciously choose any of the beliefs that I have, nor has anyone that I have asked to demonstrate such an ability complied with the request. Perhaps you can. Maybe you could use something like leprechauns to demonstrate your ability and technique. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a leprechaun is "a fairy peculiar to Ireland, who appeared in the form of an old man of minute stature, wearing a cocked hat and a leather apron" and who stores away his gold in a pot at the end of a rainbow, and If ever captured has to grant three wishes to the person who captures him.

So, assuming that you don’t already have a belief in them, how about right now, while you are reading this, CHOOSE to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that they exist. Now that you believe in leprechauns, my question is, how did you do it? How did you make the instantaneous transition from lack of belief to belief?

I choose to believe that which is supported by evidence.

There is no convincing evidence that leprechauns exist, therefore I do not believe they exist.

However, sufficient evidence has been shown that God exists, therefore I believe He exists, and such was a conscious choice on my part when I was in the fifth grade (~2004) to believe and put my trust in Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How would you know when you had convincing evidence?

I advise that you read kgov.com/doubts. Bob Enyart was asked what do Christians doubt, and He gave a solid line of reasoning that I think applies here to this conversation.

rstrats

I advise that you read kgov.com/doubts. Bob Enyart was asked what do Christians doubt, and He gave a solid line of reasoning that I think applies here to this conversation.

You wrote that you need convincing evidence. So again, how would you know when you had convincing evidence?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You wrote that you need convincing evidence. So again, how would you know when you had convincing evidence?

To reply to this again, I would know when the evidence presented is logically consistent.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So the moment you knew that the evidence was logically consistent, what would your state of mind be with regard to a belief in the issue in question?

I could choose to believe that which is presented logically, or I could reject it.

rstrats

I could choose to believe that which is presented logically, or I could reject it.
So your state of mind when you realized the evidence was logically consistent would be that you still believed that "x" didn't exist, but you could go ahead and believe that it did exist and - poof - you would now believe that it did?

ttruscott

Thoughts?
If we knew the difference between being alive in spirit and being dead in spirit, no one would choose death. Death is therefore not our choice but the result or consequence of a choice we thought was a better one for our life.

When we heard the gospel proclaimed when YHWH proclaimed it to every creature under heaven, Colossians 1:23, ie, to every creature ever created, for it to make sense HE must have included the whole of the theology of HIMself, HIS righteousness, HIS reason for creating us, and that salvation from the natural and legal consequences for deviance from HIS holiness was found only in the Son. This proclamation probably happened pre-earth as it precipitated the Satanic fall.

So, was Satan choosing to exist in hell rather than life with YHWH as HIS bride? Of course not. He thought that his choice to repudiate YHWH's claims would give him a better life over those suckers who believed YHWH and worshipped a liar. Since if YHWH proved HIS claims were true before Satan chose it would coerce him to choose for YHWH even if he was ready to rebuke HIM so the choice must have been made by faith, that is, by an unproven, hope, Heb 11:1.

So, Satan did not choose death but decided that since all the evidence showed YHWH to be no more Godly than himself, HE was probably a liar trying to manipulate the rest of us into falsely worshipping HIM. Though he knew that if YHWH was ever proven to actually be our creator GOD then he would be doomed to a living death in hell, his pride could not let him bow to another as greater than himself and he chose to believe, to put his faith in the belief, that YHWH was a liar and a false god and, as the first liar in creation, YHWH had proved himself to be the most evil person in creation. This sealed Satan's fate and his demons, becoming condemned on the spot, woe to them...

Last edited:

ttruscott

IF you are given a choice between options then you can decide which option you think will give you the most happiness, choosing which option is best for you. And if you can choose which belief is probably best for you then upon new experiential evidence, you can change your mind.