Your calling.

theophilus

What is your calling?

To love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.
To love my neighbor as myself.
To seek justice, love mercy and walk humbly before my God.
To go and make disciples of all the world.
To be an ambassador for Christ and the Kingdom of God.
To spread the Gospel.
To serve.
To pray.
To go.
To tell.
To persevere.
To glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
To guard my heart.
To obey.
To work heartily as unto the Lord.
To give to the poor.
To be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

:)

(plenty more where all that came from.)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To know God and to make Him known.
I'm not sure on this meaning. He offers us reconciliation. Not the other way around. It is on his terms. His terms are we are not good enough. The law proves it. Accepting reconciliation means putting trust in his work, no our effort.

Your "know God" was close to the buzz words used by legalists.

theophilus

“This is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent” (John 17:3)

“I am the good shepherd; and I know My own, and My own know Me” (John 10:14)

“We know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ” (1 John 5:20)

"Let me know Thy ways, that I may know Thee, so that I may find favor in Thy sight” (Ex. 33:13)

"that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." (Phil. 3:10,11)

“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. (1 Chron. 28:9)

Martyred missionary Jim Elliot once prayed, “Lord, make my life a testimony to the value of knowing you.”

We can know Him.

As Father. He invites us to Him as sons.

Through prayer.

I can scarce take it in.

:)