toldailytopic: Judge not! Some say Christians shouldn't judge, what say you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 10th, 2010 01:02 PM

toldailytopic: Judge not! Some say Christians shouldn't judge, what say you?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ghost

Hall of Fame
There is no way to answer that question without making a judgment.

I say there must be something specific that "judge not" applies to.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Judge not! Some say Christians shouldn't judge, what say you?

If that is the case, if I ever find myself being prosecuted and having to defend myself in court, I want those Christians on my jury.

We all "judge"; we all "discriminate", whether it be in our taste of food, clothing or entertainment, or in our friends.

There is plenty of Scripture saying that we must "righteously judge". If we fail to do that (as well as fail to do our very best to hold ourselves up to God's standards) then we truly aren't following the Word of God.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Judge rightly!

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Explain to us how we can "get it right" P-66.

Inquiring minds need to know.

Try asking questions before telling people what they think or what they believe or accusing them of things they don't do. That's a good start really. It's not that difficult to understand, even for you.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Try asking questions before telling people what they think or what they believe or accusing them of things they don't do. That's a good start really. It's not that difficult to understand, even for you.

Try belieiving in God. He's the one that makes the Commandments, not me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some use Matthew 7 as a proof text that Christians shouldn't judge. Sadly they stop after verse 1. Matthew 7 is actually an instruction manual on how to judge rightly.

You might even call it... Judging for dummies...

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Believing you mean?

That He created everything, and that we are to live by His Word.

So there's a commandment that tells you to make unfounded accusations? Which one?

I'm not sure what you mean by "unfounded accusations", but as it's been shown throughout the new thread, righteous judgement is expected of Christians.

Sorry P-66, as much as you would love it, intolerant atheists don't have the patent on judging.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have to make judgments about the things people are doing. We need to be able to tell our brothers or sisters in Christ things like...
Lie not one to another, see that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man... Col. 3:9-10

Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. I Cor. 6:8

Etc.
But we cannot make a determination about one's salvation based upon the things they do in the flesh.
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 2 Cor. 5:16​
We can only judge WHO a person is (if they are in Christ or not) based on what they say they believe: do they believe (or have they ever believed) the gospel or not.

Randy

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
That He created everything, and that we are to live by His Word.
So no proof.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unfounded accusations"
Pretty simple dude, accusing someone of something they have not done and not having anything to back it up.
but as it's been shown throughout the new thread, righteous judgement is expected of Christians.
Then get it right, please?
Sorry P-66, as much as you would love it, intolerant atheists don't have the patent on judging.
Case in point. Did I say that? Did I even imply that?

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
So no proof.

And here I thought the decaying souls of atheists was proof enough.

Pretty simple dude, accusing someone of something they have not done and not having anything to back it up.

More specifics please. If you're referring to the lifestyle that you associate with, I have plenty of evidence to back up my words.

Case in point. Did I say that? Did I even imply that?

No, I'm talking about the 1,000,000 atheists that I've dealt with before you.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
when you tell someone that they are going to hell

that is judging
and
that is wrong

What if it's obvious to a Christian that another person is Hellbound? (Let's use P-66 as an example). Does that Christian not have an obligation to share the Word of God with that person?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chrysostom, you are going to hell with Persphone66 on the same charge. Failure to not covet.

Status
Not open for further replies.