Answering old threads thread Part II

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Again, irrelevant to the topic of prostitution being a crime.

You do not have the right to sell someone's body, including your own, for sex, for sex is to be between one man and one woman, in a committed marriage relationship. Any other time, it's sexual immorality. You cannot rightly legitimize (make legal) something that is immoral.
So you're arguing fornication (pre-marital) should be against the law too then, no?

Saying it doesn't make it so.
As always.

Right Divider

Body part
Completely agree. And every single one of the first zone of Christian believers, who were made (by themselves; voluntarily, in and by and through faith) on Pentecost in c. A.D. 33, in Palestine, while being preached to by Saint Peter aka Simon son of Jonah the Palestinian fisherman (and disciple of the Palestinian Jesus of Nazareth), are all involved in the spread of the Church, and Acts chapter two vividly tells us how many foreigners were present, listening to Peter talk, c. a dozen different nations were mentioned, from all around the Mediterranean. All those people then went back home. And the rest is history (the most crucial plot points of this history are actually captured for us in great detail in Acts).
False history is all the rage with false religions.

The only "foreigners" that were present in Jerusalem on the lawfully required Jewish feast day were proselytes (Acts 2:10). In other words, they were gentiles that had converted to Judaism. There was not a single "typical gentile".

Peter was speaking ONLY to Jews that day.

Acts 2:22 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:22) Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:​
It did take a while for Paul to build on the foundation which Peter had laid.
Oh the lies that you RCC's love to tell.

Paul did NOT build on Peter's foundation. Paul specifically AVOIDED doing just that.

Rom 15:20 (AKJV/PCE)​
(15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Paul is the ONE that laid the foundation for what Paul preached:

1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.​

Many years ---- but not many decades. This is why they had the First Church Council, because, as @Nick M always says ... c. "there was a dispute."
Are you talking about the dispute in Acts 15? The dispute that was settled by them agreeing with Paul?

Paul never, never for one second, submitted to the authorities in Jerusalem. Paul was given His mission directly from the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Have you ever noticed that Peter disappears about half way through the book of Acts? Pretty much right after this counsel where Peter was not even handling lead duties for the twelve (James was doing that, and James was not even one of the twelve).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you're arguing fornication (pre-marital) should be against the law too then, no?

Correct, because that's what the Bible teaches:

“If a man entices a virgin who is not betrothed, and lies with her, he shall surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money according to the bride-price of virgins.

“If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out, then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That's fine Clete. But what you can't show because there's no proof of it, is that there were no believers in Corinth before Paul got there, what?
Just as you cannot prove there there were, is that what you mean?

No, of course, that isn't what you meant but perhaps you're a step closer to understanding why people ought never be asked to prove a negative.

...meanwhile we can show that there were people present at that Petrine sermon from all over the known World at that time.
This point is neither relevant nor in dispute.

Who are you to say that none of those people, and then none of the people that those people might have converted, were living in Corinth already by the time Paul shlepped the Gospel up there in, what?
It doesn't matter if they were. I wouldn't have any problem with it if fully half the crowd was from Corinth. It wouldn't do my doctrine any harm at all.

c. A.D. 46? I mean, Galatians is supposed to have been written in c. A.D. 50, so it's definitely conceivable that this was about when he first got there.
I don't understand the reference. I said nothing about A.D. 46. What are we talking about here?

But he was the first Apostle to visit Corinth, that was the big thing, and the Apostles, were church-planters. They actually went around establishing the Church. Paul made bishops. Like Titus and Timothy. From among the Gentiles (non-Palestinians) sometimes.
Again, not in dispute. There was, however, a time when Peter, James and John agreed to remain in Israel, ministering to "the circumcision" while Paul went to the Gentiles. (Gal. 2)

That's the foundation Paul's talking about.
No, it isn't. He explicitly states what foundation he was talking about. It was Christ and Him crucified.

Of course he laid that foundation, he was the only Apostle who ever showed up! The rest of the Apostles didn't wander bravely out of Palestine for years or even decades after Paul led the way, trailblazer. (I mean, there was Antioch. I don't think you can think of that as Palestine, is it the Levant? idk, but I'm less certain that it's considered Palestine. I think it was another country.)
It isn't like they were cowards. They stayed in Israel on purpose.

Galatians 2: 2And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles,​

That doesn't sound like Paul was building on Peter's foundation! That sounds like God told Paul to explain "his gospel" (Romans 2:16, Romans 16:25, 2 Timothy 2:8) to Peter!

Galatians 2:6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Again, irrelevant to the topic of prostitution being a crime.

You do not have the right to sell someone's body, including your own, for sex, for sex is to be between one man and one woman, in a committed marriage relationship. Any other time, it's sexual immorality. You cannot rightly legitimize (make legal) something that is immoral.
I agree that no such right exists but the argument here is incomplete. It isn't immoral because God said so but rather the reverse. God said it is immoral because it is objectively immoral.

Why then is it immoral?

Simply put, because it leads to death, which is what it means to be immoral. Prostitution leads to death in more ways than one can count!

Idolater

False history is all the rage with false religions.

The only "foreigners" that were present in Jerusalem on the lawfully required Jewish feast day were proselytes (Acts 2:10). In other words, they were gentiles that had converted to Judaism. There was not a single "typical gentile".

Peter was speaking ONLY to Jews that day.
You just said there were Gentiles there. That means non-Palestinian people, ethnically. Peter was not only preaching to ethnic Palestinians that day.

Pretty much right after this counsel where Peter was not even handling lead duties for the twelve (James was doing that, and James was not even one of the twelve).
You're proving like every single one of my points. The Apostles planted churches, St. James the Just was consecrated bishop of the church in Jerusalem by the Apostles, the archdiocese in Palestine, the Palestinian Christians. That see, along with the see of Antioch, are still extant. It's not just the see of Rome, which we read about in the Bible, which survives to this day, there are other sees too, which were established or planted by Apostles, and which survive to this day. They're the same exact offices. Like how President Biden's holding the exact same office in 2023 that George Washington held in 1800, that same office survives to this day. It looks way different, but it's the same.

All of the churches the Apostles planted in Palestine had bishops, and all those bishops were at the conference.

The bishops conference didn't manufacture anything new, but discussed the already existing revelations which the bishops had received, obviously the Apostles were drawing on all the direct and voluminous revelation they had all received while with Jesus (including Paul, who received special revelation directly, after Jesus's ministry on Earth).

That's it. They hashed everything out. It didn't need Peter or any other Apostle to commandeer the Council.

Idolater

Right Divider

Body part
So literally he was telling the Gentiles there (the ethnically non-Palestinians, who you admit were there), c. "You guys don't listen to this; this isn't for you"?

Plain.
You need to learn what a proselyte is and what "Ye men of Israel" means.

Again, Paul NEVER submitted to your "pope". Paul was ALWAYS independent with his commission directly from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Can you explain why the "pope" disappears midway through the book of Acts?

Can you explain why James (not one of the twelve) was leading the church in Jerusalem at the Acts 15 counsel?

No, you cannot explain any of these things, because a false religion has you hook, line and sinker.

Idolater

You need to learn what a proselyte is and what "Ye men of Israel" means.
No I don't, and I already know what they mean anyway.

Let me try this with you:

Is Our Lord Jesus Christ God?

Is Our Lady the mother of Our Lord?

Is Our Lady the mother of God?

You won't answer because of the much bigger plank in your own eye which you're ignoring and dismissing while you attempt to help me remove a splinter from mine.

Again, Paul NEVER submitted to your "pope".
A point not in dispute.

Paul was ALWAYS independent with his commission directly from the Lord Jesus Christ.
As with all Apostles (cf. Matthew 28:19). Again, a point not in dispute.

Can you explain why the "pope" disappears midway through the book of Acts?
Yes.

Can you explain why James (not one of the twelve) was leading the church in Jerusalem at the Acts 15 counsel?
Yes.

No, you cannot explain any of these things, because a false religion has you hook, line and sinker.
Just answer the question about the mother of God, and we'll see who's been fleeced by what.

Idolater

Idolater

The fallacy involved might be called "bait and switch".

Christ has TWO natures. The TWO must be falsely conflated to make your "idea" come true.

Again, Mary has nothing to do with the deity of Christ.
Again, a point not in dispute.

Try again? Or fold.