A bog or blog?

rainee

Maybe this is a boggy blog! But this should not be mistaken for my slough of despond! (for I keep that private)

I have never had a blog before, or blogged,
or, well, enough of that. You all get it, I'm sure.

Here is the point, I'm going to tell you my secret. The same secret I told Squeaky, I'm telling you here.

But you get more stuff to wade through.
Poor you, but maybe it will be worth it.

In my humble but big fat opinion you and I can find a few things going on, they can even be observed happening on these forums.

Like Messianics seeking their roots (maybe you're one of them?)

And Protestants tearing down their past
(maybe you are one of these?)

And people who seem to have so much Holy Spirit in themselves - that they have virtually no real relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ, The Son of God. (and may you are one of these as well?)

Well, let's talk about the Son of God then and what I think.

I think Jesus told Who He was to John the Baptist in a way that a Jewish Prophet of Israel would understand. He gave John two kinds of references from the Old Testament. One is about God coming to His people and one is easily understood as being about a human.

I think the author of the Letter to the Hebrews did the same thing in writing to his audience. When he seems to merely be differentiating Jesus from angels, the writer is actually giving two kinds of references from the Old Testament.
One reference is about a human king, Messianic, but the other is about God.

One day there may be Jews, not looking for their past but looking for their future.
With one 1/2 tsp of the Holy Spirit they may get much more than this from these communications using the Old Testament.

So there is one more, not to John the Baptist, not to the Hebrews, but in Revelations - to the churches.

When Jesus stands before John
the description we get from John references back to Daniel 7.
There we see to identities, one is the Ancient of Days and one is like the Son of Man.

The amazing problem is with this communication from Jesus, with John's full knowledge and understanding of the Old Testament - the Ancient of Days is Jesus.

Well, I'm done.
may The Lord be with us and bless us.