Theology Club: Acts 9:2 WAY and Acts 18:24 WAY ??

DAN P

Hi , and are there many ways to God , or more than one Gospel or more than ONE WAY of Salvation ??

In Acts 9:1 , Saul asks for letters from the from the high Priest to Threathing and of Murder !!

Saul was going after the Disciples of the Lord !!

Saul was not persecuting Christians as many believe , BUT the disciples of the Lord !!

And got lettters from the high Priest so that he could go to Damascus and bring them BOUND/DEO which is in the Perfect Tense and is used by Catholics in Matt 16-19 , Bound !!

Verse 2 , with some " being of the WAY " which is Evangelical Judaism as Peter was preaching Acts 2:38 !!

------------ THE OTHER WAY !!

It is found in Acts 18:24 we meet another Jews , APOLLOS , that is Powerful in the scriptures !!

But Apollos WAS/EN ( Imperfect Tense ) instructed in THE WAY OF THE LORD , UNDERSTANDING only the Baptism of John !!

There are 5 verb tense in this verse and are :

Taught , is in the Imperfect Tense !!

He spake , also in the Imperfect Tense !!

Knowing is in the Present Tense

But in verse 26 , being heard by Aquila and Priscilla , they took him aside and Expounded the WAY of God to him more EXACTLY !!

This man , Apollos new the word of God , and only knew the Baptism of John and since Apollos was going to Achaia , they gave him letters , so that they would receive Apollos , because they were GRACE BELIEVERS as verse 27 explains !!

This means that there are 2 WAYS explained in Acts 9 and 18 !!

#1 , One is Jewish !!

#2 , The other is GRACE !!

Looks like 2 Gospel to me !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Are there many ways to God, more than one Gospel or more than one way of Salvation?

In Acts 9:1, Saul asks for letters from the high Priest to threathing and of Murder!

Saul was going after the Disciples of the Lord!

Saul was not persecuting Christians as many believe, but the disciples of the Lord!

And got letters from the high Priest so that he could go to Damascus and bring them bound/deo which is in the perfect tense and is used by Catholics in Matt 16-19: bound.

Verse 2, with some "being of the way" which is Evangelical Judaism as Peter was preaching Acts 2:38.

------------THE OTHER WAY!

It is found in Acts 18:24 we meet another Jew, Apollos, that is powerful in the scriptures.

But Apollos was/en (Imperfect Tense) instructed in the way of the LORD, understanding only the Baptism of John.

There are 5 verb tense in this verse and are:

Taught, is in the imperfect tense.

He spake, also in the imperfect tense.

Knowing is in the present tense.

But in verse 26, being heard by Aquila and Priscilla, they took him aside and expounded the way of God to him more exactly.

This man, Apollos knew the word of God, and only knew the baptism of John and since Apollos was going to Achaia, they gave him letters, so that they would receive Apollos, because they were grace believers as verse 27 explains.

This means that there are 2 ways explained in Acts 9 and 18.

1. One is Jewish.
  2. The other is grace.

Looks like 2 Gospels to me.

dan p
I fixed it, but I still don't understand some of your sentences.

And what is "threathing"?

Also, the sentence in which that appears doesn't make any sense. I think you're missing a few words.

And, FYI, I agree that there were two separate gospels spoken of in Acts, and in Galatians 2...

DAN P

I fixed it, but I still don't understand some of your sentences.

And what is "threathing"?

Also, the sentence in which that appears doesn't make any sense. I think you're missing a few words.

And, FYI, I agree that there were two separate gospels spoken of in Acts, and in Galatians 2...

Hi , and I did not quote Acts 9:1 word for word !!

Threatening /APEILE just means " a threatening or a threat , G547 in Strong's !!

dan p