Am I saved from the Christian point of view?

marke

Which of the two creation stories found in Genesis do you believe he was denying? (Or might you think it to be both of them?)
What difference does it make which part of the Bible he mocks in disbelief? Westcott was not a Bible believer.

marke

Now I've read the two pages from the Sep 3rd 1862 Issue of the Guardian as cited in the Wiki article. The letter from Constantine Simonides makes no such claim that he forged the Sinaiticus. Rather, he claims that he made a COPY from a manuscript he found at Saint Catherine's Monastery, and that Tischendorf made the mistake of taking that copy. Simonides' letter actually validates the Sinaiticus manuscript.
The entire historical record of Tischendorf's alleged 'discovery' of the Sinaiticus, including involvement from others like Simonides, leads me to believe Sinaiticus was junk foisted on the Christian world by men of disrespectable characters.

marke

A wonderful book written by his son. The copy I have is from Standford's library. Please consider this a rhetorical question, but when reading the book, what concerns presented themselves to you? I see your much expressed hatred (disdain?) of Westcott, and might possibly start a thread (if you would be so willing) to delve into from whence this hatred stems, e.g. before or after your indoctrination into the KJV only camp? As background for my curiosity, I was excommunicated from my parent's church as a young teen (what now, nearly 50 years ago) for obtaining and using a Greek Interlinear (the one I recommended above) instead of bowing down in worship to their almighty KJV. I never quite understood that mindset (though I have my suspicions), so indeed, I am curious about yours.

Westcott's writings compiled by others do nothing to convince me he was a Bible-believing, God-honoring Christian.

marke

I'll need to address this at a later date. That said, his one core value expressed in the following quote is just absurd; the ramblings of one too pigheaded to learn anything. Such Black and White thinking is prima facie evidence of mental imbalance.

"Either, with the best and wisest of all ages, you must believe the whole of Holy Scripture; or, with the narrow-minded infidel, you must disbelieve the whole. There is no middle course open to you." - Burgon​

Not even Jeremiah believed the "whole of the Holy Scripture."

(Jeremiah 8:8 "Dean Burgon's Version") How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes hath wrought falsely.​

As Burgon suggested, I believe God-honoring Christians believe the whole Bible, not just parts.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Hi Everyone, my question is whether or not I am saved. ... All I needed to do was ask Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior ... I asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior ... decided that I didn't believe the Christianity I had been raised in. ... Am I saved? Thanks for any thoughtful replies.
Do you believe in Jesus?