Attn: Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

shagster01

I want to clarify that I agree with Cuban and Smith.

But to say blacks and women don't have any disadvantages is absurd.

The Berean

That is cherry picking right there.

The truth is that when a boss is interviewing potential employees they will tend to hire people of their own race and gender a majority of the time and throw in a few other races/genders every now and then to not appear like a bigot. And at the start of this society, the white man had first dibs on those leadership roles.

Nice over generalization there. Perhaps certain groups get more jobs because the pool of potential hires from these groups are much larger?

Lack of diversity could undercut Silicon Valley

Twitter Admits It Hires Too Many White And Asian Men

Google admits that it hires too many white guys and not enough women

Apple big on hiring white men, not so much women or minorities

Are Twitter, Google, and Apple racist companies? Hardly. They WANT to hire minorities and women so they can brag about their "commitment to diversity" but minorities and women tend to not to major in engineering in college. That is not the corporations' fault.

I'm from an ethnic group that in general simply doesn't value education. That is just how it is. In college I was often the only Hispanic student in my engineering classes. My electrical engineering classes was usually me, one or two girls, about 15 white guys and 12 Asian guys. Now this was back in the early to mid 1990's so I like to think that there are more Hispanic kids choosing to study engineering. I make it point to encourage minority kids to consider a STEM career.

drbrumley

I want to clarify that I agree with Cuban and Smith.

But to say blacks and women don't have any disadvantages is absurd.

We all agree to that I think. Like Smith said.

“I look at our unemployment rate consistently being double that of folks in white America. I do understand that, to some degree, there’s a level of racism that we all have to overcome… but that doesn’t mean every single issue is race related, Sometimes it is about how you represent yourself, it is about how you present yourself.”
“When I talk about not having a command of the English language, and still you want a job, and you want to have a career, but you don’t want to get your education, you don’t want to go out there and pound that pavement. Everything’s about the sprint, it’s not about the marathon, it’s not about you putting forth the necessary effort and due diligence over the long haul to get the thing you need. That’s a reality in our community.”