Battle Royale IX ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf

Originally posted by Sozo
Still waiting to do this one.

:yawn:

:idea:

Instead of a Battle Royale, we could just have Sozo go post in that atheist forum that Lovejoy's been posting at. A forum full of people who disagree with Sozo on very fundamental issues, little to no moderation... :devil:

Greywolf

Originally posted by Lovejoy
He said "blessed are the meek." I hoping that He meant "the too chicken to debate OV versus Calvinism at TOL." 'Cause then I am a shoo in!

:chuckle:

TOL can definitely be a "bring you thick skin" site at times.

Lovejoy

Originally posted by Greywolf

Instead of a Battle Royale, we could just have Sozo go post in that atheist forum that Lovejoy's been posting at. A forum full of people who disagree with Sozo on very fundamental issues, little to no moderation... :devil:

They said that only one person has ever been banned. I am willing to bet there would soon be two....

Greywolf

They said that only one person has ever been banned. I am willing to bet there would soon be two....

Yea, Sozo's got that talent (with his tolerant, forgive-and-forget nature and all). :chuckle:

Sozo

I'm not that interested in atheists (unless they are of the so-called "former Christian" variety). I prefer to beat up on stupid Christians, who say stupid things.

Lovejoy

Yea, Sozo's got that talent (with his tolerant, forgive-and-forget nature and all). :chuckle:

What kills me is that these guys at the atheist site start threads planning raids on Christian sites (not everyone, just a millitant core group) with the intent of getting banned. Which means no one gets banned from the atheist site, but virtually everyone at the atheist site has been banned from somewhere else! Good times!

Still, it would be fun to see them take on someone like Sozo. Those guys curse up a storm, but Sozo has a way of using a limited amount of profanity in a truly devastating way. Economy in insult, if you will. I lack that ability completely. Kinda envious.

Greywolf

What kills me is that these guys at the atheist site start threads planning raids on Christian sites (not everyone, just a millitant core group) with the intent of getting banned. Which means no one gets banned from the atheist site, but virtually everyone at the atheist site has been banned from somewhere else! Good times!

I think that TOL used to do something like that back in its earlier days. If I'm not mistaken, that was the original purpose of the mysterious "War Room". I don't know if they ever got banned though... Definitely sounds like a good time though.

Still, it would be fun to see them take on someone like Sozo. Those guys curse up a storm, but Sozo has a way of using a limited amount of profanity in a truly devastating way. Economy in insult, if you will. I lack that ability completely. Kinda envious.

He is very good at that.

Lovejoy

Originally posted by Sozo

I'm not that interested in atheists (unless they are of the so-called "former Christian" variety). I prefer to beat up on stupid Christians, who say stupid things.

I feel quite the same. That is why I do not proselyte when I am at the site. These guys have made their decisions, and don't feel that I need to expend a great deal of breath changing their minds. However, there is much to learn there about how Christians end up in that state of affairs, as well as other things of value. Interesting people, too.

Also, the hostility level makes me appreciate TOL all the more.

Sozo

He is very good at that.

You guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :eek:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
nancy said:
Since I'm a newbie, I will argue for the closed theism view with somebody
In August we will be featuring a debate on that topic and the combatants are all set to go.

However, we certainly appreciate your offer. :up:

Freak

Knight said:
In August we will be featuring a debate on that topic and the combatants are all set to go.

However, we certainly appreciate your offer. :up:
:liberals: Care to share more details?

Aimiel

What about negative stereotyping vs. honest portrayal of Christians in modern media? Maybe using a couple people (a Christian and a non-Christian) who have seen a lot of recent movies with opposing opinions. Just a suggested topic.

PureX

Aimiel said:
What about negative stereotyping vs. honest portrayal of Christians in modern media? Maybe using a couple people (a Christian and a non-Christian) who have seen a lot of recent movies with opposing opinions. Just a suggested topic.
No one would agree on what an "honest portrayal" of a Christian would be. Not even Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.